The FF door Mat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The FF door Mat

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The FF door Mat

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:00 pm

In standard 12-team leagues with weeks 14, 15, and 16 as play-offs, you also have to face two teams twice. We pay out the #1 overall regular standings owner 25% of the pot in our money league, and if a competitive team gets matched up to sub-par or inactive teams twice he could easily claim that top spot with the two extra easy match-ups. 4 games into the season, I have a good chance to compete for 1st place, with the 2nd highest point total and tied 3-1 with 3 other owners. But I have to deal with two other 3-1 teams with the 3rd and 4th highest point totals thus far in weeks 12 and 13. The 4th 3-1 team? He's playing against an 0-4 and a 1-3 team with the lowest and 3rd to lowest point total. Sometimes, it's all about the schedule.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:37 pm

bungle613 wrote:That doesn't happen to me until the Superbowl. I got beat soundly in a very competitive league last year by Kilroy who started Thigpen, Rhodes, Benson, Bradie James and Brandon Meriweather.

Just plain outmanaged me.

You seem to be doing fine in Movin C4L if I recall correctly. (insert inside joke symbol here) argghh... what a bad trade that was. :-b

I seem to score a ton but always play the wrong team. I'm 1-3 which isn't very good at all but I do really like the trade so far. I feel I have a top 5 team and should make the playoffs. But not the way things are going now.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Knightrider29 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:26 am

Every week, something horrible has happened to me that has made me lose/close to losing.

Week 1: A. Gonzalez gets hurt, I lose.
Week 2: I play Chris Johnson, enough said. Of course he has 0 TD's since then.
Week 3: MJD x3. Luckily I won this week. Problem: Felix Jones was injured on the run that narrowly won me the week.
Week 4: Steve Smith in PPR. I wouldn't be so mad about this one, except for the fact that the guy traded him away earlier in the week for Braylon Edwards (0 catches!), but the trade ended up being reversed.
Week 5: Well, DeSean Jackson had 1 whopping reception. I'm up by 20, but the guy I'm playing still has Thomas Jones and Ronnie Brown tomorrow. Pencil this one in as a loss.

Probably going to be 1-4 shortly.
Knightrider29
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby schmidty » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:58 am

Yeah, I'm having one of these seasons too. What sucks is that usually the nice thing about playing multiple leagues is that at least one of them should have the breaks go their way. But no such luck for me this year. I have 3 teams: they're ranked 1st, 2nd and 2nd in total points scored. But the records are 2-3, 3-2, and 2-3. One them lost tonight by less than 2 points, on the margin of Reggie Wayne's dropped TD :-P I know ... 2-3 is still in fighting position (especially with big points leads over the other teams). But it's disheartening when you feel you've put together a top team.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:16 am

and the season continues :~( :~( :~(

Let's just say I had Sims-Walker in my line-up. I cannot catch a break right now to save my life(or fantasy season)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Frank Stallone » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:55 pm

I am now 1-4 in my primary league, despite having the fourth most points on the season.

Week I, I lost by two. Week II, I completely destroyed my opponent, nearly doubling up on him. Week III, I lost by five. And the last two weeks, I've faced the highest scorer of the week.
Frank Stallone
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Knightrider29 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:14 pm

That sucks when you have alot of points but run into hot teams.

Last year (12 team league), this guy started 1-4 and ended up 8-5, making the playoffs. So there is hope. ;-D
Knightrider29
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk