Steelers nation blasphemy... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers nation blasphemy...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Steelers nation blasphemy...

Postby Munboy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:10 am

Ok, so Sweed has been getting a lot of heat (rightfully so...from me as well)...But another thing has come to my attention.

Yes, he was the hero of the superbowl, yes he made an amazing catch...but Holmes has his share of drops as well! He drops at least one a game. As a matter of fact, he wouldn't have had to make that amazing catch if he hadn't let the easy one go right through his hands the play before. I don't know where I'm going with this. I was just watching some highlights and saw brandon marshel's play (again) and was awed at how he went up and snatched the ball right out from the defenders hands. Got me thinking about how Holmes had a muff problem when he was returning kicks, and he drops a few balls...I'm yearning for a time when the Steeler's have the big play ability again.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Steelers nation blasphemy...

Postby mattb47 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:08 am

I do agree...he has been struggling with it a bit this year and has done so in the past too so it's definitely worrisome. I've actually been far more impressed with the play of Mike Wallace this year than I have Santonio Holmes and almost prefer Ben throwing Wallace's direction more so than Holmes right now.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:19 am

You cannot look at Marshall and worry about Holmes' catching ability. Marshall was tied last year with Braylon for most drops in the league... Holmes will be fine.. Remember, Holmes is still learning the game as well.. ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Munboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:27 pm

petedog9 wrote:You cannot look at Marshall and worry about Holmes' catching ability. Marshall was tied last year with Braylon for most drops in the league... Holmes will be fine.. Remember, Holmes is still learning the game as well.. ;-D

Maybe I am directing my frustration in the wrong direction and need to redirect it back to Sweed...He's supposed to be the big, rangy receiver, making the tough catches down the field. Yes, that's it...it Sweed, not Holmes i'm frustrated at! ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers