Breaking news email alerts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Breaking news email alerts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Breaking news email alerts?

Postby Maris09 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:09 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:Ya, I love having a advantage, by being in front of a computer for 8 hours a day. Just sad (not a objection), that I lose this advantage? Why is everyone nit-picking?

Because you're coming off sounding like you can't get it done without it.

If you're at a computer all day you still have the advantage, but nothing wrong with leveling the playing field for good managers who may not be stuck at a computer all day.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Breaking news email alerts?

Postby tjdoren » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:24 am

DaSh 1s wrote:I sit at a computer all day at the office, so I check sites pretty often, in downtime or free time. I was upset as in it gives my competitors more of advantage by not having to actively pursue information.

Okay...I sort of see where you're coming from, but you should still take advantage of this. I sit at a computer all day, just like you. But there is no way I can keep up-to-date on all the breaking news and still get my work done. If you set up Twitter to receive news from several of the key fantasy websites, and then feed your Twitter account into an RSS feed reader, you'll get a lot of your information delivered straight to your desktop. You choose the intervals at which you want to receive the updates (I choose 15 minutes), and a pop-up alert will appear on your desktop. It only takes 30 seconds to scan through the headlines...a big time-saver, indeed! I haven't looked yet, but I'm sure there are some other websites that don't do Twitter, but do offer RSS feeds, so you could throw those into the mix, as well. If you enjoy having an edge, then you really need to do this!
12 Team Re-draft league
Start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR 1TE, K, D/ST
1/10 yds Rec/Rush or 20 yds pass; 3/pass TD; 6/rush-rec TD
tjdoren
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk