UFL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

UFL

Moderator: Football Moderators

UFL

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:50 am

Uhh...any of you guys seen this yet? The United Football League? I really don't know how it's a league with only four teams. The weirdest thing is they all look like they're wearing the same uniforms. :-b

http://www.ufl-football.com/
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: UFL

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:06 pm

I remember hearing something about it when Vick couldnt find a team originally but havent really heard anything about it since. I dont see how another league expects to survive in this country. I mean has an alternate league to one of the big 3 sports ever worked out?

and they are wearing the same unis just different colors... how hard is it to design different jerseys?
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:38 pm

That's the thing, the colors aren't all that different. In the clip I saw from the first game, one team wore white with mostly white accents and white helmets, the other team wore a very light grey with white accents and white helmets. The only real difference was one team had a little bit of neon green and the other had a little neon blue. :-S
Metroid

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:41 pm

yeah i recall hearing about it too...who wants to watch a bunch of has-beens and never-will-be's
i looked up the Florida Tuskers roster (mainly because i wanted to know what the hell a Tusker was)...Tatum Bell, Jermaine Wiggins, Doug Gabriel, Odel Thurman :-P

it was discussed on the radio a while back, the only benefit is that since it is going on now it can serve as kind of a farm system for the NFL, if someone suffers a major injury teams can go look for some guy off the UFL scrap heap that's at least in game shape. IIRC teams can evan loan practice squad guys to the UFL (although i could be wrong)

i was more excited about the AFL (American Football League) kicked around a few years back but that never got off the ground...i believe you had to have a college degree and never gone pro (but i could be wrong about the latter)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:21 pm

I've seen the commercial plenty of times where the footballs come out of the machine and then the arm stamps UFL on them... the commercial is supremely uninformative.

XFL anyone? I wonder whatever happend to He Hate Me.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:42 pm

I watched a tiny bit of the game yesterday. :^ O:-)

I think it is bad timing being during the NFL and college football season. I remember I really liked the USFL when I was younger. I also watched some arena games but it just wasn't the same.

There was a UFL site in leftovers and I think I said it there that if done right I think a league could have some success. This being 4 teams and played during the NFL/college season is not going to work
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:50 pm

scottaa1 wrote:XFL anyone? I wonder whatever happend to He Hate Me.

Cut by the Raiders in 2006
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm

dream_017 wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:XFL anyone? I wonder whatever happend to He Hate Me.

Cut by the Raiders in 2006

Yup and this from Wiki...

Rod Smart(He Hate Me) was selected by Team Tennessee during the inaugural draft of the All American Football League on January 26, 2008. However, when the league was postponed for its Inaugural season, all players were released from their contract, leaving Smart a free agent.
Metroid

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:05 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I've seen the commercial plenty of times where the footballs come out of the machine and then the arm stamps UFL on them... the commercial is supremely uninformative.

I missed the XFL. The L.A. Xtreme won the only XFL title in league history, all thanks to Tommy Maddox. :-B
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:14 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:I've seen the commercial plenty of times where the footballs come out of the machine and then the arm stamps UFL on them... the commercial is supremely uninformative.

I missed the XFL. The L.A. Xtreme won the only XFL title in league history, all thanks to Tommy Maddox. :-B

i think i had him on my XFL fantasy team...or maybe it was Jim Druckenmiller :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk