Dropped McFadden..what did you do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dropped McFadden..what did you do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dropped McFadden..what did you do?

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:18 am

Portlis X wrote:I've dropped him in every league I owned him in. At this point, he's clearly not worth a roster spot.

Underperforming is one thing. Underperforming + injury = waivers for me.

I'm making a valiant effort to pay less attention to "names" this year and more attention to production. And I truly believe that random waiver wire scrub that becomes viable due to injury is going to be much better this year than McFadden will. He is, and will continue to be, in a time share environment even when he becomes healthier. Plus every team is going to be begging the raiders to beat them with JaAwful's (as the red zone channel's commentator so eloquently phrases it) arm this year and he's just not going to do it.

Other big(ger) name guys that I've dropped this year in favor of guys picking up the slack are: Torry Holt, Jamal Lewis, Chris Henry, LenWhale, Reggie Bush, Derrick Ward, Greg Olson, Donnie Avery, Willie Parker, Anthony Gonzalez, Ted Ginn, Laveranues Coles, Jonathan Stewart, Beanie Wells, Eddie Royal etc.....
These are all guys who aren't worth keeping right now in yearly leagues if you ask me, yet people are holding on to them for name value alone. If you dropped them early and took a gamble, you'd have guys like Pierre Garcon, Sims-Walker, Manningham and maybe Steve Smith (NYG), Garrard, Mendenhall etc...

I know who I'd rather have right now, that's for sure.

Boy, you must have had a toughhh couple of drafts. You can't be faulted for most of those picks but seriously you hit every bust outside of LT. Some of those dudes you dropped have value, although I have seen almost every single one of them dropped aside from Parker. IMO Parker, Gonzalez, Bush and Wells still garner some value and I would've looked to trade them off before dropping them.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk