Caddie? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Caddie?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Caddie?

Postby diablo99 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:56 am

Was wondering what you guys thought about Cadilac Williams? He is averaging 5 ypc. They cant really throw the ball and Ward is hurt. So how do you gusy feel about him going forward? I think that he could put up some pretty decent numbers if he can stay healthy. On top of that his coach came out and said this week they are going to give him the ball a lot more. He could be there everydown back. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Caddie?

Postby Texican » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:48 am

I am trying to trade for him before he goes off. He is a very good back when healthy. He has a great schedule down the stretch. If he is the main guy, he could be the steal of the year.
Texican
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby diablo99 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:51 am

I picked him up off waivers. A guy in my league dropped him because he needed a kicker because his other kicker was on a bye. The funny thing is he dropped him right before the coach came out and said they were gonna give him the ball more. I was number 11 on the waiver wire and thought i had no chance of getting him. However, nobody picked him up i couldnt believe it.
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:25 pm

I decided to pick him up in my 8-teamer over the likes of Jstew, Wells, Washington, D.Brown and other serviceable backs. After the OC came out and said they want to feature Caddy I thought it was too good to be true. He can definitely end up as a solid RB2 this year. There are two things going against him though. Firstly, most teams are going to stack the box against TB and dare Josh Johnson to throw. This will undoubtedly hurt his value. Secondly, I'm not sure if he can handle a full workload. Obviously the team thinks he can but this guy truly is injury prone. If Joshn Johnson improves and he avoids the injury bug Caddy could be the biggest surprise of the year.

(FFPts/G surrendered to RB's)

@ PHI (23rd) ;-D
vs. CAR (28th) ;-D
vs. NE (18th) :-)
vs. GB (9th) :-t
@ MIA (5th) :-t
vs. NO (4th) :-t
@ ATL (25th) ;-D
@ CAR (28th) ;-D
vs. NYJ (13th) :-t
@ SEA (22nd) ;-D
@ NO (4th) :-t
vs. ATL (25th) ;-D

Looks like he has an excellent schedule to me. If he was on a winning team he could be an every week starter. You could probably start him this week vs. PHI since they aren't doing well at all against the run but I expect them to stack the box. If TB can stay in the game Caddy can be in for an 80yard + TD stat line. I'm debating starting him over Ronnie Brown.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:20 pm

didnt do much. neither did Ward. i guess we can chalk these two up to the team just sucking so much neither might be fantasy relavent
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Slayer Rules » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:59 pm

I'm not surprised at all that he got stuffed by Philly. I'm quite surprised that they were ranked that low in run defense prior to the game. Philly's desfense is simply a smothering, chaos-creating unit that is going to render a young, inexperienced group like the TB offense completely helpless.

I waited until this AM to pick Caddy up because I like the matchup at home v CAR a hell of a lot better. I'm not sure if I'm going to start him (gonna wait and see - lots of moving parts to this equation) but I think he'll have a good week, which naturally will make him much tougher to pick up next week.

I'm not so thrilled about his week7 matchup v NE, however.
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk