Dallas Receiving Core - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dallas Receiving Core

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dallas Receiving Core

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Ok so this is just about a mess, but with Roy Williams out today Miles Austin stepped up big (granted it was against KC). But still what are we looking at going forward? Williams missed today, Austin had a huge day (LOVE this start at my flex in my money league, 250 yards receiving 2 TDs for a nice 32+ pt day), but also add in Crayton's horrible day with 4 rec and 44 yards with the fumble lost that turned into point for KC. Any insight from a few of you "gurus" on what we can expect the next couple of weeks-the rest of the season.

I personally think that Austin put the exclamation point on his big play ability and solidifying himself in the lineup as a target for Romo. IMO Crayton is a decent receiver, but has never shown that he can consistently get it done week in week out and Roy is just junk when healthy anyways. Romo looked to be fully confident in Miles today targeting him 10 times and more then a handful of those were with Miles double covered.

Again what can we look to expect out of the Dallas receiving core the rest of the way?

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dallas Receiving Core

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm tempted to pick up Austin. I really don't know If I feel like riding the Cowboy roller coaster though. Seriously, I feel like Austin wont be able to replicate but who knows. Also, this is a "your best guess is as good as mine" situation.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:52 am

it's a situation i dont want any part of...any of these guys are capable of having a huge game...but they also post a lot of duds. i guess if you need a bye week replacement they're worth a gamble, but i wouldnt have any confidence starting them and would look for a better option
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby da bears » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:15 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:it's a situation i dont want any part of...any of these guys are capable of having a huge game...but they also post a lot of duds. i guess if you need a bye week replacement they're worth a gamble, but i wouldnt have any confidence starting them and would look for a better option

I agree with this. Witten is the only guy guaranteed to get his targets in Dallas and plus you don't ever really know when Romo is going to have one of his really bad games.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:27 am

The thing is, and this comes from an avid Roy Williams hater, if you have space to add Miles, you should. Roy doesn't care if he is second, third, or forth option, as long as he gets to signal the first downs.
What if he takes over as the primary in Dallas. Does that team look good enough that it won't have to pass a lot?
If you are worried about the rollercoaster, dump him if he sucks next game and trade him if he produces again. His value then would be very good. So if ya got room and he is availible...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:51 am

After last night, Miles Austin will be the biggest pick-up this week and he'll be flying off WWs near you. He's not going to last a few more games to solidify himself for a fantasy owner's comfort. If you've got the room, I'd scoop him up immediately based on the play of Williams/Crayton thus far.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:41 pm

I still don't like any of them. Haha Austin could have went for 400 yards and 4 TD's and I'd just peg it as an outlier. Well, it is. The Romo roller coaster has only just begun.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Football Talk