Dre Bly - What an Idiot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dre Bly - What an Idiot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dre Bly - What an Idiot

Postby joejlitz » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:35 am

What an idiot. With his team down 35-10, Bly gets an interception at his own 20. Almost immediately he starts hot dogging as he returns the INT and puts his hand behind his head (he is still at his own 24 yard line). That's when Roddy White comes up behind him and causes a fumble, which ATL recovers.

Yeah, Bly. You're great. Show the world. Do something to get yourself on Sportscenter. :-B

Watch the Video
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dre Bly - What an Idiot

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:42 am

I love it when stuff like that happens. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:06 am

joejlitz wrote:What an idiot. With his team down 35-10, Bly gets an interception at his own 20. Almost immediately he starts hot dogging as he returns the INT and puts his hand behind his head (he is still at his own 24 yard line). That's when Roddy White comes up behind him and causes a fumble, which ATL recovers.

Yeah, Bly. You're great. Show the world. Do something to get yourself on Sportscenter. :-B

Watch the Video

I'm not sure he was hot dogging. I see what you mean with the hand, but I'm not sure he was putting it behind his head in high step fashion that early in the field. He was, however, holding the ball like a loaf of bread, which many defensive backs stupidly do. I just don't think he was hot dogging it there, especially when he still had men in front of him to beat. Then again, maybe he just is, in fact, that dumb.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:35 am

bigh0rt wrote:
joejlitz wrote:What an idiot. With his team down 35-10, Bly gets an interception at his own 20. Almost immediately he starts hot dogging as he returns the INT and puts his hand behind his head (he is still at his own 24 yard line). That's when Roddy White comes up behind him and causes a fumble, which ATL recovers.

Watch the Video

I'm not sure he was hot dogging. I see what you mean with the hand, but I'm not sure he was putting it behind his head in high step fashion that early in the field...I just don't think he was hot dogging it there, especially when he still had men in front of him to beat...

Maybe he just had an itch?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:56 am

bigh0rt wrote:

Watch the Video

I'm not sure he was hot dogging. I see what you mean with the hand, but I'm not sure he was putting it behind his head in high step fashion that early in the field. He was, however, holding the ball like a loaf of bread, which many defensive backs stupidly do. I just don't think he was hot dogging it there, especially when he still had men in front of him to beat. Then again, maybe he just is, in fact, that dumb.

There's little else he could have been doing...I don't know what there is to defend about that action other than it being cocky and absolutely idiotic...
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:17 am

joejlitz wrote:Maybe he just had an itch?

That's what I was gonna say. Did he have an itch on his helmet? :-b

He was clearly putting his hand behind his head in that "look at me I got an interception" sort of way.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:24 am

I don't know what he was doing, but after a loosey-goosey fumble like that everything looks stupid.
After watching him during his sentence with the Lions I can only assume he didn't realize that a player running free can be tackled from behind--since he never did that in the Motor D.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:13 pm

I saw that play and couldn't believe a player that stupid was still allowed in the league.

The only fair thing I can conclude is that he'd been victimized in pass defense the entire day and was happy he'd actually gotten an Int. Hence, the high-stepping.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guru13 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:20 pm

That should be a statistic category. Int: 1 Epic Fails: 1
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 49ersavior » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Gotta love it when after the play in the locker room, he talks about himself in the 3rd person. Good thing niners have a bye week to get it sorted out.
49ersavior
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk