My TD "Monsters" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My TD "Monsters"

Moderator: Football Moderators

My TD "Monsters"

Postby jsphlly » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:28 pm

I played Jacobs, Barber and MacGahee for a collective bowl of nothing.

How concerned should I be about Bradshaw outplaying Jacobs and getting a 1 yrd TD?

Is Barber more banged up then suspected?

Is MacGahee still the "TD Guy" or is he now just the backup? Rice looked awesome.
jsphlly
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My TD "Monsters"

Postby da bears » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:39 pm

"How concerned should I be about Bradshaw outplaying Jacobs and getting a 1 yrd TD?"

Jacobs got the ball the 7 plays before Bradshaw's td run so it was just coincidence and going with the fresher set of legs there.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lacunacoiler » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:39 pm

jsphlly wrote:I played Jacobs, Barber and MacGahee for a collective bowl of nothing.

How concerned should I be about Bradshaw outplaying Jacobs and getting a 1 yrd TD?

Is Barber more banged up then suspected?

Is MacGahee still the "TD Guy" or is he now just the backup? Rice looked awesome.

Im not sure what's going on with Bradshaw.. Rotoworld reporst says he is healthy, but his performance for the last few weeks doesn't say so.. If I were a Jacobs owner, I would definitely worried about Ahmad being more productive than Brandon.. If i were a Jacobs owner, I would definitely grab Ahmad if he is still available..

Barber i think is not yet fully healthy.. He seemed to be not explosive as he was before the quad injury.. I think he should be fine after DAL's week 6 bye..

McGahee is still the backup.. But it seems that he is being phased-out for Rice, with Rice getting more touches.. McGahee will likely be risky play each week since I believe he will give you inconsistent production.. I still think he will get alot of goalline touches, but other than that I'm not sure..
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:47 pm

Very concerned about Bradshaw outscoring Jacobs.

Early in the game it was 1st and goal and Jacobs couldn't get it in with 3 straight carries. Bradshaw came in on 4th and 1 and got the TD. Jacobs also got stuffed at the goaline in another couple of games earlier this season.

The fantasy value of Jacobs lies in the fact that he is a goal-line back. If he can't get those goal line carries (TD's), then he is USELESS.
He sure as hell isn't going to break off any long runs.

He is not playing well this year, his yards per average is in the low 3s, while Bradshaw's is much higher.

IMO, Bradshaw is a much better back, and this Sunday was very revealing. Bradshaw's also a homeone threat.

In fact, I'd be more inclined to put Bradshaw in my lineup than Jacobs even if both are healthy.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:50 pm

The Giants have played 4 crappy teams out of their past 5 games. It's really hard to get a read on this offense both in the air and on the ground.
DaSh 1s
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk