Golfer loses arm in alligator attack - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Golfer loses arm in alligator attack

Moderator: Football Moderators

Golfer loses arm in alligator attack

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Its just like Happy Gilmore all over again

BEAUFORT, S.C. -- Officials say an alligator bit off part of a golfer's arm as he leaned over to pick up his ball at a private South Carolina course.

The man, who is in his 70s, was retrieving his ball from a pond when the 10-foot alligator bit him at Ocean Creek Golf Course in Beaufort County. The gator pulled the golfer into the pond and ripped off his arm in the struggle. His golf partners were able to free him.

Wildlife workers killed the alligator and retrieved the arm in the hopes it might be reattached.

The man has not been identified. He was being treated at the Medical University of South Carolina, but officials there would not release any information about him.

A call to the golf course was not immediately returned.

But seriously, what a horrible way to end a round of golf...
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Golfer loses arm in alligator attack

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:59 pm

man, a 10 foot gator? Hate to say it, but he's 'lucky.' Could have easily been his life he lost.

A few years back my rommate from college and I took a golf trip to Charleston. Played at Dunes West. We were warned about being careful around water for gators and weedy areas for venomous snakes. So anytime I was hitting from near water or weeds, my buddy had a fun time throwing golf balls and hitting me in the back of the leg... made me jump about 4 feet every time.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Ocean Creek Golf Course in Beaufort County

I have heard of that course before. Its a good deal. Only costs an arm as opposed to the other courses in town that cost and arm and a leg.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:31 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Ocean Creek Golf Course in Beaufort County

I have heard of that course before. Its a good deal. Only costs an arm as opposed to the other courses in town that cost and arm and a leg.

Oh no you didn't....really? :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Whoa........ I know that golf course! It's a pretty nice public course, it was designed by Davis Love III just 30 miles north or so of Hilton Head (where Harbor Town is) I've played there a couple times. (used to live about an hour from there in South Carolina)

How WEIRD!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Return to General Talk