Bulgers star has fallen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bulgers star has fallen

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:48 pm

ramsalldaway514 wrote:that was a good drive, I still think Bulger is better than Pennington.

Dead wrong. LMAO
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:13 pm

If the Warner story is true, everybody should just back off of him. The man is playing for something more important than money and fame: winning. True, he sucks and he's no where near the QB he was years ago...but Warner is taking the situation like a MAN and not whining like certain players we know...Dillon quit hiding under the desk as the class turns to stare...

Players can take a lesson from Warner - glory doesn't last forever, and once you're no where near the player you once were, as long as your #1 priority is winning, you should be commended and not downcast.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:24 pm

No doubt Warner is handling it like a class act. He is putting his team mates best interests ahead of his own for the good of the team.

A fresh refrain compared to the self-promoting cry-babies that are running rampant thru pro sports.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TTTBone » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:49 pm

deftdelivery wrote:If the Warner story is true, everybody should just back off of him. The man is playing for something more important than money and fame: winning. True, he sucks and he's no where near the QB he was years ago...but Warner is taking the situation like a MAN and not whining like certain players we know...Dillon quit hiding under the desk as the class turns to stare...

Corey, you just blew the best chance you had at winning in your entire NFL career. Rudi, Rudi, Rudi...
Seriously, Dillon after all those years of quietly suffering, why do you have to make an ass of yourself when the Bengals are finally on the upswing? HEAD-CASE. Of course, I'm still watching where you'll end up next year.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby zombiez » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:41 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
Unclepaulie wrote:Have you seen him play? How about his INT total.

Did you see Warner play in Week 1?
.....he had a concussion in the 1st quarter, his coach was to dumb to notice
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby zombiez » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:44 pm

ramsalldaway514 wrote:that was a good drive, I still think Bulger is better than Pennington.
......thats just funny
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby senseiosin » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:48 pm

I heard the same thing about Warner stepping up and backing Bulger to that asshole Mike Martz. Ive never been a fan of the Rams, and actually hate Martz more than any other coach after reading and hearing about this event.

Ive also hated Kurt Warner in the past but I have to admit that I begrugingly give him some respect now. Dont like his skills, dont like his wife, but I respect his loyalty to the teams best interest which is definetly for Bulger to be the starter. Ill be glad when Warner signs with some crap team like the Raiders or San Diego next season so the St. Louis QB controversy will be over for good.
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wild_eyed_lunatic » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:55 pm

Pennington is a MUCH better QB than Bulger, but Bulger is still solid up until the point Martz panics and hits the Warner button. Warner was a grocery sacker before he started. Warner was never Joe Montana, Martz's system made him look great. Martz's system has holes now... the NFL is a copycat league, and everyone knows what it takes to beat him now. Martz will become Marty Scottenheimer II. Bulger will put up #2 QB numbers until Martz yanks him (which will happen) and when he goes somewhere else next year (or Warner does) then we'll see if he's really good. He is smart, but he isn't terribly physically talented. Penny, though, he's gonna be special...
TY FFBALL CAFE!!! #1 SEED!!!!!
wild_eyed_lunatic Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: thumbing the yellow pages for a statitistics major with nice knockers

Postby zombiez » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:06 am

Actually it was Vermeils system that made Warner great, and also Faulk, its Martzs system that has messed it up
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby wild_eyed_lunatic » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:14 am

OK you got me Vermiel's god lol
TY FFBALL CAFE!!! #1 SEED!!!!!
wild_eyed_lunatic Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff