The Vikings 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Vikings 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:45 pm

I agree with 4Pack, there's no way that you can blame Daunte for those losses. I understand wanting Frerotte to play because you have Moss, but if you want the Vikes to win, you shouldn't want Frerotte to play. Culpepper is the man, it's the defense that has been awful. Sure, Culpepper turned it over a bunch today but most of that was due to horrid protection.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby senseiosin » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:51 pm

Sorry VHawk, but Im gonna have to call you out on that last comment. Culpepper looked absolutely horrible today and his fumbles and interceptions lay squarely on his shoulders. He fumbled 2 times, once on like the 10 yard line he just fell to the ground and let go of the ball, HE WASNT EVEN HIT!! His interceptions were awful as well, throwing into double coverage is acceptable when its to Randy Moss because he can make things happen no matter what, but not to the other scrub WR's on that team. Dante overthrew or threw to the wrong shoulder of Randy Moss every single time in the 4th quarter. His accuracy sucks, he has butter fingers, and fumbles as much as Tiki.

Bring in Ferotte, he gets rid of the ball quick and always tries to throw the ball downfield. That should wake culpepper up, Randy will get his 150 yards and 2 TD's, the defense will suck as usual but the Vikings will still be in the game. They could have beaten the Raiders even with 6 turnovers, except Culpepper decided to suck pipe the entire game when it mattered !!!! IF they dont get Randy the ball, they have no chance to win against anyone, period.
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:55 pm

Last year, the Vikings and Culpepper came alive after Culpepper was benched for a game last year. I'm not suggesting you name Frerotte your starter, but maybe giving Frerotte some extra first team snaps and pulling Daunte if he is doing poorly for a couple series might wake him up.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:09 pm

senseiosin wrote:Sorry VHawk, but Im gonna have to call you out on that last comment. Culpepper looked absolutely horrible today and his fumbles and interceptions lay squarely on his shoulders. He fumbled 2 times, once on like the 10 yard line he just fell to the ground and let go of the ball, HE WASNT EVEN HIT!! His interceptions were awful as well, throwing into double coverage is acceptable when its to Randy Moss because he can make things happen no matter what, but not to the other scrub WR's on that team. Dante overthrew or threw to the wrong shoulder of Randy Moss every single time in the 4th quarter. His accuracy sucks, he has butter fingers, and fumbles as much as Tiki.

Bring in Ferotte, he gets rid of the ball quick and always tries to throw the ball downfield. That should wake culpepper up, Randy will get his 150 yards and 2 TD's, the defense will suck as usual but the Vikings will still be in the game. They could have beaten the Raiders even with 6 turnovers, except Culpepper decided to suck pipe the entire game when it mattered !!!! IF they dont get Randy the ball, they have no chance to win against anyone, period.

That fumble was about the only time it was Culpepper's fault. He was under pressure on at least 2 of those INT's. Also, the offense looked pretty good last week against the Chargers. They should've won if it weren't for the defense. Frerotte had a couple of good games because he threw it up to Moss everytime. But the difference was that the defense was playing well. To blame this week and the last 3 losses on Culpepper is ludacris.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:25 pm

Daunte scares me. When he gets hit from behind sitting in the pocket, you just know he is going to fumble. The turnovers are ridiculous. He'll learn, I'm not sure the fumbles will ever disappear completely, but he can cut down on the INT's. Small hands don't increase your INT rate. Several great QB's made bone-headed plays for years before maturing.

I don't disagree with throwing to Moss during double coverage, but Sauce was open for a first down. No need to end your chances by forcing it to Randy, especially if the pass isn't even close to a completion.

Vikings are streaky, they have been for a few years. NYG exposed our D, and our offense put us in a hole early. Tice will get things turned around, but we aren't going far in the playoffs regardless with that D.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

I didn't see the whole game.

Postby matmat » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:40 pm

I only caught the end of the game that fox decided to show after the stellar GB - TB matchup, but from what I saw Culpepper had no control over what was going on on offence. He was lost, he had no pocket presence his throws looked pressured even when he wasn't. He needs to sit for a game and watch frerotte . . .. Gus is not a better athlete or a better quarterback than culpepper but he is a bit more savvy and willing to take appropriate risks...

anyway. culp should sit for a game. just one game... :-?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby senseiosin » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:17 am

Actually Vhawk, I agree with matmat, Culpepper gets flustered and gets happy feet under him for throws even when there is no pressure. He looks nervous and scared of being blind sided. No doubt that it hurts and sucks when it does happen, but that is a risk QB's have to accept and play well regardless of. Thats the savvy I think Ferrotte has over Culpepper. Either way, Randy will rebound against the Lions, as will the rest of the Vikings.

Yup, sit Culpepper for one game. THe Vikes play the lowly lions which everyone knows Ferotte (and any other QB) can light up. Dont let Culpepper pad his stats and gain false confidence and security by beating up on the lions. Make him watch Ferotte this week and understand that taking a sack is not the worse thing that can happen, actually that would be fumbling twice and throwing 3 INT's to a crap Oakland team.
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby zombiez » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:43 am

Not lookin too good for the Vikes, after what should be an easy one next week(Detroit)they have some pretty tough teams down the stretch....St.Louis, Seattle, (in)Chicago.....and KC......Pack will win the division
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:51 am

I'm going to be really blunt here. Anyone who wants Frerotte to start for the Vikes is a moron. There is a reason that this guy failed as a starter in the NFL. You think he's a backup for another reason?

He's a really bad QB who had a few exceptional games while C-Pepp was out. Flutie had an amazing game last week. Then, everyone says he's a savior for the Chargers. He's not. He was never a successful NFL QB and this week he showed his true colors. Don't judge players on fluke games.

Frerotte has proven that he can't start in this league.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

dude, chill.

Postby matmat » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:32 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:I'm going to be really blunt here. Anyone who wants Frerotte to start for the Vikes is a moron. There is a reason that this guy failed as a starter in the NFL. You think he's a backup for another reason?

(snip)

Frerotte has proven that he can't start in this league.

I don't think anyone who has contributed to this thread believes that Frerotte is the answer to the Vikes woes. I certainly don't. I do think, however, that sitting culpepper for one game would be good both for him and for the vikes long term. First off it would scare him a bit and maybe cause him to reconsider his quarterbacking, which seems to be lacking, secondly it would give him a week to relax and not worry about getting run over by opposing D-linemen... And I don't like being called a moron
:-t
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk