Is it unethical to bench all your players??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it unethical to bench all your players???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sitting players and such.

Postby matmat » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:05 pm

Well, what I'd do in this case is notify the idiot's opponent of the problem, tell him that you are going to set the lineup for the other team and that is the lineup that the opp will have to beat. Following this I'd look for a new owner for the team that wants to throw away games.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:07 am

A freind of mine is in a league where if you are dumping games or caught colluding, you lose your top draft pick for each occurance. Quite a deterrant.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zombiez » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:18 am

cost ya money if you try and do this in our league, keeps everyone honest, and our trade dead line is week 8, so no one can try and pull anything before the playoffs.........your commisioner should call this guy and laugh at him
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:14 am

no that is not fair because it isn't fair for the people who played him when he was trying and lost so you need to say something to the commish and if he doesn't do anything then he is a retard
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby latraffic » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:44 am

Unethical - yes. Illegal - no. And, from a strategy stand point in a keeper league, it's not completely stupid, just lousy for the rest of the league. If I was the commish, I'd toss the manager and set the lineup to play out the rest of the season in a "best as" scenario.

Can you imagine how the NFL would react if Al Davis told his Raider coaches to only start 3rd string guys or guys who are getting ready to retire for the rest of the season in hopes of getting a high draft pick? Hey, wait a minute... :-B
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BradtheImpaler » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:05 pm

latraffic wrote:Can you imagine how the NFL would react if Al Davis told his Raider coaches to only start 3rd string guys or guys who are getting ready to retire for the rest of the season in hopes of getting a high draft pick? Hey, wait a minute... :-B

LMFAO
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

active carryover

Postby CellarDweller » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:56 pm

Wow - not fielding a team, seems bizarre. Personally, I don't like the idea. But let's face it, if he's not breaking the rules, he CAN do it. The two questions that remain, are do you let this guy play next year? And if so, how important is the first round selection?

Regardless, I think that this situation has given your commish something to consider. For what it's worth, here's what we do to keep this from happening in our league. We've got a carryover clause. Each week your players (from the previous week) are considered active. As an owner, we must notify the commish if we wish to change our line-up. That avoids not listing a player. Unfortunately, it dosn't stop the people who activate injured or underachieving players. Although in my league, if someone didn't play their best players each week, he wouldn't be invited back next season.
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk