Goof of Week 11. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Goof of Week 11.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby krober3 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:49 am

i started horn over a johnson and lost my game by one point to the last place team in the league. the guy started moulds (i guess he doesnt check the news much), and he still beat me. i suck
krober3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby krober3 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:51 am

i started horn over a johnson and lost my game by one point to the last place team in the league. the guy started moulds (i guess he doesnt check the news much), and he still beat me. i suck
krober3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Purple_Pride » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:36 am

nichelle wrote:Zimm, you may very well have thought of more reasons..

Here are a few of mine:

Play calling - I'm certainly no expert, but I didn't get today's approach. The Vikes have many weapons but Moss is the most lethal. What happened? I also missed the adjustments that are made when your plan isn't working.

Why doesn't Daunte throw long more often to Moss? Well, last week, Tice used the approach of trying to make short yardage first downs in order to keep the offense on the field longer. The goal? To keep the defense off of the field. I still haven't gotten over that one.

In the Green Bay game, Tice called a time out when GB had 10 yards to go on third down with a minute or so left in the first half. That seemed odd. GB used the time to gather... and then score.

Defense - This is the same group that played in the first 6 games. The speed seems to have disappeared. Most seem to have mentally checked out. The amount of yards on the ground given up over the past 4 games compared to the first 6 is .. well.. you get the idea.

Quarterback / Decision Making - I have much respect for Daunte. It's only today's game that disappoints me so I don't want to emphasize this point.

when the vikings won their first 6 balls, moss had 39% of all minnesota receptions and been thrown to on about 40-45% of the plays. result? 6 wins. bennett hasnt returned to form, moe isnt getting it done, the other recievers are very marginal, our D sucks so we need to go back to the basics and lob it up there and let SUPER FREAK go get it.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Arlo » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:43 pm

The Saints' offensive line qualifies for this one...:-o

(OK, maybe not as much as Flutie, but still worth mentioning.)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vybes » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:45 pm

My 2 GOTW:

Started D. Driver over S. Sharpe and M. Bennett over W. Dunn.

I don't even want to calculate the difference in points these decisions cost me. I'm still up by three points, but the team I'm playing has T. Streets going tonight.
Vybes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby foreverabearsfan » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:55 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:when the vikings won their first 6 balls, moss had 39% of all minnesota receptions and been thrown to on about 40-45% of the plays. result? 6 wins. bennett hasnt returned to form, moe isnt getting it done, the other recievers are very marginal, our D sucks so we need to go back to the basics and lob it up there and let SUPER FREAK go get it.

maybe you have to let the randy ratio just happen naturally?

just my luck, i picked up moss for the last 3 weeks. given me nothing worthwhile. you can't hold him down forever though...
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:14 pm

I'm really surprised everyone is calling Daune a goof of the week. You all must have a strange scoring system or have really harsh turnover penalties. He still managed to score 26 pts in traditional (1 pt per 25yds pass, 1pt per 10 yds rush, 4pt pass TD, 6pt rush TD). This is baffling me.

We don't have turnovers penalties in my league so he scored 31 for that owner.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk