Which Week 11 Breakout Player is the Most Legit? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which Week 11 Breakout Player is the Most Legit?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which Week 11 Breakout Player is Most Legit?

Brian Westbrook
49%
Mushin Muhammad
4%
Thomas Jones
6%
Andre Davis
14%
Bobby Engram
12%
Tyrone Wheatley
12%
Kelly Campbell
4%
Jonathon Carter
No votes

Total votes : 51

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:36 pm

I voted for Engram since he has been producing quietly the last 3 weeks. I picked him as my breakout WR of the week and for once, I got it right. Thomas Jones was one of my sleeper RBs in the draft he didn't pan out, maybe he will finally validate me. Westbrook is very explosive and could be consistent, but he won't get more than 15 carries a game until next year.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:45 pm

I voted Wheatley, contingent on Garner staying hurt of course.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:49 pm

Bukoski77 wrote:I voted Wheatley, contingent on Garner staying hurt of course.

Minn.'s run D is awful though...
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:56 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
He's not a feature back. All of the Eagles' RBs split carries. Last week, Staley exploded for 98 total yards. This week, it was Westbrook. Two weeks ago, Buckhalter had 100 yards and 2 TDs. It's a giant guessing game.

Yeah, but last week when staley exploded, westbrook was out with an injury. Two weeks ago when buckhalter exploded, westbrook was out with an injury.

But three weeks ago, and four weeks ago, and five weeks ago, when westbrook was health, he was the one that exploded. This week, he's healthy again, and he goes off again.

The last 5 times he's played, he's been the one with the most carries, with the TD's, with the 100 yds, etc.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:02 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
He's not a feature back. All of the Eagles' RBs split carries. Last week, Staley exploded for 98 total yards. This week, it was Westbrook. Two weeks ago, Buckhalter had 100 yards and 2 TDs. It's a giant guessing game.

Yeah, but last week when staley exploded, westbrook was out with an injury. Two weeks ago when buckhalter exploded, westbrook was out with an injury.

But three weeks ago, and four weeks ago, and five weeks ago, when westbrook was health, he was the one that exploded. This week, he's healthy again, and he goes off again.

The last 5 times he's played, he's been the one with the most carries, with the TD's, with the 100 yds, etc.

I think what scares most people is he did all this on 9 of the 17 RB carries. It makes it look like a fluke, but he's been doing it that way on 15 carries or less every time. Hmmmm...
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:51 am

Westbrook impressed the hell out of me. True, he kind of broke out before this week, but I think he's proven he deserves more carries than their other backs.

As a bonus you get PR and KR duty out of him as well.

I hate the 'this years Portis' comparison's....but he looks good to go the rest of the year. Philly is butter right now, and he has 8 (?) total TD's so far in limited action.

If Freddy can't go against the weak Jets D, Westbrook against NO isn't a bad option for me to have. Following games at CAR, DAL, and MIA don't look so great, but SF and WAS in weeks 16 and 17 should be useful plays.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby nebula » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:48 pm

Paladyr wrote:

You can say that again,
I'll do it for ya
Paladyr wrote:

Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:49 pm

nebula wrote:
Paladyr wrote:

You can say that again,
I'll do it for ya
Paladyr wrote:

hehe :)
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wizbang » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:14 pm

Westbrook is kinda a given but before his injury he was securing the primary (not feature) RB role in Philly so I don't think he belongs on this list.

Of the WRs I would have to say Andre Davis. I watched that game and he was getting the meaningful catches. Morgan had most of his yardage in mopup. Also, Butch cut KJ for a reason. He obviously didn't like KJ attitude and the fact that he ran the wrong route constantly. However, he ALSO must have felt that Andre Davis would be a solid replacement. That was a major vote of confidence in my opinion. Andre Davis does nice work in the red zone and gets a lot of looks inside the 20. I think he'll be solid for the remainder of the season.
wizbang

Friendliness: %

Postby latraffic » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:18 pm

I HATE RBBC so I didn't give the vote to Westbrook. And Wheatley's sudden good game against Minn only clouds the RB picture in Oakland too. Garner, Fargas, Crockett and Wheatley. Blah...

I voted for Andre Davis who is now the solid #2 with Kevin Johnson gone. He's fast, he's a jumper and Holcomb appears to have found the handle on the football again. (And if you count Return and KR yards in your league, A. Davis looks even better).
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk