If unable to pick up Beuerlein, who is the next best QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If unable to pick up Beuerlein, who is the next best QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

If unable to pick up Beuerlein, who is the next best QB?

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:26 pm

Griese is down, I'm 4th on the free agent draft this week. I am definately going for Beuerlein but if I don't get him, who is the next best QB?

Jon Kitna
Brad Johnson
Joey Harrington
Mark Brunell
Jake Plummer
Kordell Stewart

My 2nd QB right now is Chad Pennington. Also, If I get Beuerlein, do I start him against the Colts or Pennington against the Bills? Both are at home this week.

Thanks ;-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby dalej » Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:30 pm

I would take Kordell (and go to church on Sunday and pray) if you can't get Beurlein. I have Beurlein and Pennington and am starting Pennington this week. It might take Beurlein a week to get his game on.
dalej
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

QB Replacement

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:19 pm

It's certainly a good week for Stewart and Pennington both.

Stewart faces Cinci, who causes the least trouble for opposing QBs. Cinci is dead last in sacks, tied for 3rd in most touchdowns allowed, and only has 8 interceptions on the year. About the only thing in their favor is that they only allow about 200 yards passing per game.

Pennington faces Buffalo, tied for worst in league for interceptions (5) and tied for 3rd in most touchdowns allowed. They are in the bottom third of the league in sacks. Like Cinci, they are a little stingy with passing yards, allowing an average of 216 per game.

Beuerlein is a good pickup, certainly, but he could use a week to shake off the cobwebs, especially facing Indy. The Colts are 2nd best in the league defending the pass (168.5 yds/game), and in the Top 10 in defending touchdown passes (11 allowed).

Beuerlein's matchup in Week 13 against San Diego is favorable, as the Chargers are tied for 3rd in touchdowns allowed (19) and are the 3rd worst in the league in passing yards allowed, at 266 yards per game.

If you get Beuerlein, I'd start Pennington this week and save Beuerlein for Week 13.

If you pick up Stewart, you may as well start him. This is the best matchup he's going to get.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby KEVVEGAS » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:47 pm

I am playing Stewart, and would advise you do so also , he may not put up the passing yards maddox did , but I believe he will make up for it with his running ability. Just maybe he will have something to prove to his many detractors. ;-D
KEVVEGAS
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk