Dumbest thing out of Skips Mouth...till he opens it again. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Dumbest thing out of Skips Mouth...till he opens it again.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dumbest thing out of Skips Mouth...till he opens it again.

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:17 pm

I was watching First Take and loled at Skip Bayless(like I usually do). I know the guys an idiot but what he said this morning was really moronic even by Skip Bayless standards. He was asked to set up a top 5 for the best college football teams in the country right now, it may have even been a "if the season ended now" type of list. Anyway, his list?

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. USC
4. Boise St.
5. Miami

8-o

I don't have a problem with #1 and #2, I think he's dead on with those but really USC at 3? Ahead of Texas? He said some crap about how he thinks Texas will lose against OU this weekend....whatever. :-S

And I don't get how SC would even be ahead of VT, but anyway. Boise State at 4?!?! He said Boise St. could compete with any of the big name schools. Really? Did he miss the Tulsa game? They were one dropped pass away from OT with a team that got absolutely manhandled by a "big name school"...and a 2 loss one at that. Then Miami? I mean I like what Miami is doing this year but they lost to VT? How are they in the top five ahead of VT? When asked how he could put them ahead of VT who they lost to he said, "it was raining." Seriously? Then he said VT was going to lose to GT this week.

Later he ranted on about how awful it was that Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy were friends. :-b

I don't consider myself to be an expert by any means, but how the hell this butthole has a job doing anything sports related is beyond me. I know some of what he says is just to feed into his lame controversial image but seriously the guy is an idiot.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dumbest thing out of Skips Mouth...till he opens it again.

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:46 pm

So... how do you REALLY feel? :-? :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:So... how do you REALLY feel? :-? :-b

:-b

I forgot to add this: Who would be your top 5 as of right now?

Mine...

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Texas
4 Virgina Tech
5. Miami
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:01 pm

My top 5 now:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Virginia Tech
4. Texas
5. Cincinnati

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Metroid wrote: Then Miami? I mean I like what Miami is doing this year but they lost to VT? How are they in the top five ahead of VT? When asked how he could put them ahead of VT who they lost to he said, "it was raining." Seriously? Then he said VT was going to lose to GT this week.

I'm glad they were able to turn off the rain while VT had the ball. ;-7 They did not lose that game because of the rain, they got absolutely destroyed. It was 31 to freaking 7, that is not a weather induced difference in score. Harris fumbled the ball once but he was massacred from the blinside and I don't think the rain had anything to do with that fumble. The game was over before halftime and VT went to a conservative gameplan to run the clock out. VT could lose this weekend but I wouldn't bet on it. VT has won the ACC 3 times in the last 5 years with a horrible offense. Starting with the last drive against Nebraska, the offense has really been on fire against Miami, Duke, and BC. GT has one of the worst pass defenses around, so I don't think VT will have any problems scoring. I really hate the option offense, I think it's a cheesy way to play football so that is really the only thing GT has going for it. Although the VT defense hasn't been consistently great, I expect them to be able to game plan well for the option offense.
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:30 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
Metroid wrote: Then Miami? I mean I like what Miami is doing this year but they lost to VT? How are they in the top five ahead of VT? When asked how he could put them ahead of VT who they lost to he said, "it was raining." Seriously? Then he said VT was going to lose to GT this week.

I'm glad they were able to turn off the rain while VT had the ball. ;-7 They did not lose that game because of the rain, they got absolutely destroyed. It was 31 to freaking 7, that is not a weather induced difference in score. Harris fumbled the ball once but he was massacred from the blinside and I don't think the rain had anything to do with that fumble. The game was over before halftime and VT went to a conservative gameplan to run the clock out. VT could lose this weekend but I wouldn't bet on it. VT has won the ACC 3 times in the last 5 years with a horrible offense. Starting with the last drive against Nebraska, the offense has really been on fire against Miami, Duke, and BC. GT has one of the worst pass defenses around, so I don't think VT will have any problems scoring. I really hate the option offense, I think it's a cheesy way to play football so that is really the only thing GT has going for it. Although the VT defense hasn't been consistently great, I expect them to be able to game plan well for the option offense.

I really couldn't see VT losing this weekend. Georgia Tech's triple option attack is cool, but I don't see them putting up good numbers against that VT defense.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:57 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:

I really couldn't see VT losing this weekend. Georgia Tech's triple option attack is cool, but I don't see them putting up good numbers against that VT defense.

Oh I could too, I just thought it was funny that he was making a list now on what he thought might happen.
Metroid

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:37 pm

I cannot for the life of me understand why people are STILL high on Miami. It was a joke that they were in the top 10 even when they were undefeated. This is a borderline top 20 team here. Top 5 teams don't get murdered like they did against VT.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Maybe because they beat #18 Florida St., #14 Georgia Tech, and #8 Oklahoma. Yeah they got manhandled by a very good VT team but they have beaten 3 ranked opponents.
Metroid

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Metroid wrote:Maybe because they beat #18 Florida St., #14 Georgia Tech, and #8 Oklahoma. Yeah they got manhandled by a very good VT team but they have beaten 3 ranked opponents.

FSU is a joke (2-4 and was 41 seconds away from losing to JACKSONVILLE STATE) and OU is likely to drop out of the top 25 this week as well. So they will have beaten a top 20 team in GT, and gotten blown out by VT.

How is that much better than Nebraska (beat Mizzou, lost to VT by 1 point), who's outside the top 15?

EDIT: OU just scored, if they manage to eek out a win against UT this week that would definitely make Miami look better.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to College Football