Dumbest thing out of Skips Mouth...till he opens it again. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Dumbest thing out of Skips Mouth...till he opens it again.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dumbest thing out of Skips Mouth...till he opens it again.

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Metroid wrote:Maybe because they beat #18 Florida St., #14 Georgia Tech, and #8 Oklahoma. Yeah they got manhandled by a very good VT team but they have beaten 3 ranked opponents.

FSU is a joke (2-4 and was 41 seconds away from losing to JACKSONVILLE STATE) and OU is likely to drop out of the top 25 this week as well. So they will have beaten a top 20 team in GT, and gotten blown out by VT.

How is that much better than Nebraska (beat Mizzou, lost to VT by 1 point), who's outside the top 15?

EDIT: OU just scored, if they manage to eek out a win against UT this week that would definitely make Miami look better.

I hear ya Bagel, I really do. But I try not to strip the significance of the ranking when the teams play. At least not in the early going. I do take into account how the teams finish, closer to the end of the season I take the opponents performance more into consideration than I do just 5 games into the season. The difference I see right now between Nebraska and Miami is that Nebraska has played 2 ranked opponents and lost to one, while Miami has played 4 and lost to one.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Metroid wrote:I try not to strip the significance of the ranking when the teams play. At least not in the early going. I do take into account how the teams finish, closer to the end of the season I take the opponents performance more into consideration than I do just 5 games into the season.

If you can't see the flaw in this, when you're counting FSU as a good win, then I'm not sure what else there is to say. They're 0-3 in the ACC. The ACC. And again, they were trailing Jacksonville St with 41 seconds left in the game. At home.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Metroid wrote:I try not to strip the significance of the ranking when the teams play. At least not in the early going. I do take into account how the teams finish, closer to the end of the season I take the opponents performance more into consideration than I do just 5 games into the season.

If you can't see the flaw in this, when you're counting FSU as a good win, then I'm not sure what else there is to say. They're 0-3 in the ACC. The ACC. And again, they were trailing Jacksonville St with 41 seconds left in the game. At home.

I'm not saying it's good win but I'm not saying it's a bad win either. Like I said I just cannot throw rankings completely out the window, at least not in week 5. I totally understand what you're telling me, and closer to the end of the season FSU's suckage would effect how I rank Miami.

It seems to me you're completely dismissing their wins over GT and OU and that they lost to a very good VT team. Yes FSU sucks, but GT doesn't suck and OU was playing much better ball when Miami beat them.
Metroid

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Metroid wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
Metroid wrote:It seems to me you're completely dismissing their wins over GT and OU and that they lost to a very good VT team. Yes FSU sucks, but GT doesn't suck and OU was playing much better ball when Miami beat them.

Yeah, admittedly I had forgotten they'd already played GT when I made the initial post.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:38 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:

Yeah, admittedly I had forgotten they'd already played GT when I made the initial post.

It's all good, it's looking like that OU win is going to get less and less pretty just like the FSU one. However that GT win just got stronger today with GT beating VT....it's all come full circle. :-B

What would your top 5 be right now?
Metroid

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Guys like Bayless, Lou Holtz, etc. get paid to say stupid things because they're controversial. Producing high quality material is much harder than producing crap, but crap sells about as well because people will tune in just to see what stupid thing that person says next. Take everything these guys say/write with a grain of salt because they may not actually believe what they're saying.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to College Football