Here are the Top 20 RB's. More power to you if you've got 3 or 4 in this catergory:
"1. Holmes - his schedule...are you kidding me? (Cinci, Oak, SD, Den, Det, and MN). He could still break Marshall's 26 TD record, avgs about 96 yds rushing a game and has nice receiving bonus. Has a knack for scoring. Fantasy's all out top back.
2. Portis - his schedule is easier than Holmes the rest of the fantasy season (SD, Chi, Oak, KC, Clev, Ind). More work w/o Mike Anderson for 4 weeks. Plummer's back. He has almost 800 rushing yards in less than 7 games of work.
3. A. Green - after Tampa and SF, his schedule is as easy as it gets...Detroit and Chi-town, who he's already crushed, and SD and Oak, 2nd and 3rd worst fantasy run defenses. His fumble problems loom but he's so versatile and dangerous that these won't affect his play time at all. He will continue to shred the rest of the year. Might be overall No. 1 pick next year.
4. Tomlinson - my vote for best runningback in the league. He's averaging over 100 yards rushing a game with crap surrounding him against a pretty tough schedule. Also has 7 scores in his last 7 games. A lock for 1500+ yards and a dozen scores. He's durable, dependable, and capable of monster games. I'm not sure any other back could do what he's doing in his situation. Flutie stepping in may help him out.
5. Faulk - Assuming Marshall stays healthy the rest of the year, he should do pretty well. I know he's averaging less than 3 yards per carry, but the Rams schedule is pretty easy for him here on out (Chi, Ariz, MN, Cle, Sea, Cinci). His skills have not diminished much. He's just a health concern.
6. S. Davis - Tennessee is the only team that was able to stop this freight train. You could argue that Davis really didn't play against any tough defenses except Tennessee. Well, the only real good run defense he faces the rest of the year is Dallas. He had also started scoring more regularly. Pure stud runningback.
7. Alexander - I think we expected a little more from him this year...still the scores are there and his yards are decent. While he hasn't provided us with those monster games, he has been more consistent this year, only 2 games with less than 10 fantasy points and 2 games with more than 20. Shaun will continue to be a solid scorer the rest of the year.
8. J. Lewis - you can just about count on a 100 yards and more often than not a score. League's leading rusher does faces a tough 3 games before getting into cupcakes Cinci, Oak, and Cleve. He might be overtaken by Ahman in the end. Boller being done for the year doesn't help him either. Still, he's the best player on the team and you gotta feed him the ball.
9. McAllister - rain or shine, he's rushed over a 100 yards 6 straight times. Whether Tampa or Atlanta, Deuce will get you 10+ fantasy points. Only once has he scored less, when he was goose egged by the Titans. Deuce is the epitome of consistency, as long as 13 pts a game is what your looking for.
T10. F. Taylor - yeah the jags aren't that good but Fred is their best weapon and only 3 times this year has he scored less than 10 fantasy points whether we realized it or not. Face it, he's the best option for consistent fantasy scoring at this point.
T10. Henry - he's got huge games and he has games where he doesn't seem to show up. He's 5th in scoring when it comes to runningback TDs and he's only scored less than 10 fantasy points 3 times. " Azrael
11. D. Davis - His schedule ahead may be tough, be he both runs and catches
12. Ricky Williams - Top pick, top bust
13. T. Barber - hold on to the ball!!!!!!!!!
14. B. Westbrook - What anke sprain?
15. a) T. Hambrick - He's having a nice quiet year, now if only he'd get a consistant 20 carries!
15. b) E. James - Great game today, now can we get consistancy
16. W. Dunn - A bunch of yards, few scores. Stupid TJ Duckett...
17. E. George - Great QB, may stand to lose carries though
18. R. Johnson - Great back, Dillon should take a backseat
19. A. Thomas - Now if only the track lead to the endzone...
20. M. Ship - Decent year, E. Smith is willing to share carries, more like is Ship willing.
How's it look?
Last edited by all_or_nothing on Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.