bradshaw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

bradshaw

Moderator: Football Moderators

bradshaw

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:55 pm

every time terry bradshaw is mentioned he is called tool, loser, and the such. I never really payed attention to football until this season (when i started playing fantasy football), why is he so hated here?
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:18 pm

Well I havent watched much of his pre-games or any analysis this year but in years past I have noticed he states the obvious almost as badly as Madden & Michaels, he is wrong about a good bit of predictions, and finally those 1-800-collect commercials make me want to shoot my TV almost every time I have ever seen them.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zombiez » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:43 pm

Bukoski77 wrote:Well I havent watched much of his pre-games or any analysis this year but in years past I have noticed he states the obvious almost as badly as Madden & Michaels, he is wrong about a good bit of predictions, and finally those 1-800-collect commercials make me want to shoot my TV almost every time I have ever seen them.
......typical comeing from a Bungles fan....name a commentator that does consistantly pick games right every week........and most people hate him simply because they are jealous, alot of QB's would kill for 4 rings, Terry can talk the talk because he did walk the walk....truly an original ;-D
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:45 pm

Zombiez wrote:......typical comeing from a Bungles fan....name a commentator that does consistantly pick games right every week........and most people hate him simply because they are jealous, alot of QB's would kill for 4 rings, Terry can talk the talk because he did walk the walk....truly an original ;-D

The real person to hate is Sean Salisbury. He talks the talk because wait...oh...yeah....he was a career backup.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby emaja » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:01 pm

I dislike Bradshaw because he plays the role of the "Hee-Haw" rube when he really is a pretty articulate person. Remember how hurt he was when it was said that he "couldn't spell CAT is you spotted him the "C" and the "T?" Now he embraces the part of the country bumpkin.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby nebula » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:25 pm

I just think he is one of the most annoying people ever.

Like Paul Mc G always saying "you don't think......" God I hate that.
"You don't think he trying out there folks. Watch this."

Irving still has them all beat though. Now that I never see Glanville.

Best =
Kevin Harlen, Loved watching the T-Wolves games when it was him and Trent Tucker.
Jaws, I wish they would breakdown more film and less storys of so and so's mom.
;-D ;-D
JMO
Last edited by nebula on Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby emaja » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:28 pm

nebula wrote:Irving still has them all beat though. Now that I never see Glanville.

I can't stand Irvin and can't believe that they ditched Sharpe for him. Irvin really has little to offer the show as far as analysis goes and IMO really brings the show's value down.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:26 pm

I'm with emaja and nebula on this one. And I'm one of the people calling Bradshaw a tool. Because he is. Both the CBS and FOX Sunday pre-game shows are so very dumbed down, with little substance -- and Terry personifies that. That commercial that runs during the week on FOX with him dancing -- that drives me crazy. And the f***ing canned, forced laughter on both shows -- that is annoying as hell. As if all of us football-watching men have no attention span at all for anything other than sophomoric humor, cheerleading twins (or any of the other chicks from the commericals the marketers think will get us to buy more beer/trucks/potency drugs/etc.), and Terry's and Deion's egos.

But I've gotta say, I much prefer Deion.

Though there are some good announcers out there. Madden for example: If you can filter through all the one-liners, he's actually pretty good at teaching us couch potatoes about the game of football. And another good, insightful announcer is Tim Green, who has the thankless task of calling most of the Bears games for FOX.

For the most part, though, football broadcasts on TV and radio can be pretty insulting to the intelligence -- especially if there is a Bradshaw involved.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby emaja » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:32 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Though there are some good announcers out there. Madden for example: If you can filter through all the one-liners, he's actually pretty good at teaching us couch potatoes about the game of football. And another good, insightful announcer is Tim Green, who has the thankless task of calling most of the Bears games for FOX.

I like Green also. Now if he can just teach the Bears coaching staff a few things...
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JEB » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:48 pm

Why is it if you don't float an enormus ego in sports, then your an idiot? Terry is a great guy and the experiences he has gone through in his life are pretty humbling. Maybe to know a little about the man besides his 4 superbowl rings is to know where he is coming from. I look forward to watching Terry every week. How many of you remember Frank C.? I miss him too. He made MNF fun to watch.
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk