bradshaw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

bradshaw

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:06 pm

Quit your Bradshaw bashing. The guy knows football. But like every other announcer and broadcaster out there you have to take what he says with a grain of salt and a shot of tequllia.
and who didn't love him in cannonball run and hooper. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aerozepplin » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:13 pm

Chris Collinsworth is the worst!! I have never heard anyone degrade and put down teams/players/and owners as much as that fag does. He never has anything good to say about anything and I cant stand people that act like that.
War of the Nebraska Cornhuskers
aerozepplin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:30 pm

JEB wrote:Why is it if you don't float an enormus ego in sports, then your an idiot? Terry is a great guy...

Are you saying Terry DOESN'T have an enormous ego? If so, you'd be the first person to suggest such a thing.

aerozepplin wrote:Chris Collinsworth is the worst!! I have never heard anyone degrade and put down teams/players/and owners as much as that fag does. He never has anything good to say about anything and I cant stand people that act like that.

I agree that Collinsworth is an overly negative putz, but what's his sexual preference got to do with it?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TTTBone » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:17 pm

aerozepplin wrote:Chris Collinsworth is the worst!! I have never heard anyone degrade and put down teams/players/and owners as much as that fag does. He never has anything good to say about anything and I cant stand people that act like that.

Right on! What an enormous ego, he's the Bill Walton of Football Commentary. Smug A-hole, although the fag comment is really over the top and was unneccesary to your point.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:30 pm

emaja wrote:I dislike Bradshaw because he plays the role of the "Hee-Haw" rube when he really is a pretty articulate person. Remember how hurt he was when it was said that he "couldn't spell CAT is you spotted him the "C" and the "T?" Now he embraces the part of the country bumpkin.

He's no Norman Einstien, as Boomer would say, but I agree with emaja. The only thing worse than a buffoon, is some acting like a buffoon. What I hate is that the few times that the FOX circus bunch actually talk about football, they make sense. At least more times than not. I don't need football players trying to be entertainers, just give me the sluty weather girl and talk about football!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:33 pm

moochman wrote: I don't need football players trying to be entertainers, just give me the sluty weather girl and talk about football!

Yeah the slutty weather girl is great, but the fat toad trying to be jimmy kimmel really blows.
Last edited by Redskins Win on Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:40 pm

moochman wrote:...just give me the sluty weather girl and talk about football!

No football broadcast is complete without one. And don't forget her fashion accessories: hat, scarf, etc.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby nichelle » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:47 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:
moochman wrote:...just give me the sluty weather girl and talk about football!

No football broadcast is complete without one. And don't forget her fashion accessories: hat, scarf, etc.

You can keep the slutty weather girl. But hey, I guess you guys need some eye candy. My eye candy is on the field. 8-o

As for Terry, a cringeworthy moment from last year was his exit to a commercial by commenting that another announcer was a "great suppository of knowledge". There was just stunned silence. Of course there was a correction and laughter when they returned. Me? I'm still stunned.
nichelle Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby zombiez » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:17 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:I'm with emaja and nebula on this one. And I'm one of the people calling Bradshaw a tool. Because he is. Both the CBS and FOX Sunday pre-game shows are so very dumbed down, with little substance -- and Terry personifies that. That commercial that runs during the week on FOX with him dancing -- that drives me crazy. And the f***ing canned, forced laughter on both shows -- that is annoying as hell. As if all of us football-watching men have no attention span at all for anything other than sophomoric humor, cheerleading twins (or any of the other chicks from the commericals the marketers think will get us to buy more beer/trucks/potency drugs/etc.), and Terry's and Deion's egos.

But I've gotta say, I much prefer Deion.

Though there are some good announcers out there. Madden for example: If you can filter through all the one-liners, he's actually pretty good at teaching us couch potatoes about the game of football. And another good, insightful announcer is Tim Green, who has the thankless task of calling most of the Bears games for FOX.

For the most part, though, football broadcasts on TV and radio can be pretty insulting to the intelligence -- especially if there is a Bradshaw involved.
......obviously this thread has just developed into opinions, Deion over Bradshaw is just funny, he's an imbecile, just like when he played......you keep watching him, and I'll keep watching Terry ;-D
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:49 pm

Gotta disagree with those who like Green. IMHO, the guy is freaking brutal. If I hear him enunciate any more of his ridiculous buzzword of the month - this months' must be 'cadence'....ugh. Agree with the guy who likes Harlan.......he was hilarious when the TWolves first came into the league. There'd be 2 minutes left in the game, Wolves down by 22, and someone hits a 3 to cut it to 19. You'd think they had just won game 7 sometimes...............

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk