Should I go with Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG v. NO) or Jamal Lewis (CLE v. PIT)?
Positives for each:
- Lewis is back to feature form and will see between 20-30 carries.
- The Steelers D is a bit banged up still.
- Bradshaw always has the potential to break off a big run.
- NYG v NO is probably going to be a high(er) scoring affair.
Negatives for each:
- The Browns O (and team) in general is pretty horrible.
- The Giants may rely on passing more if they get down early for some reason
- Bradshaw will only get 10-15 touches
- Jacobs may be a key part of the Giants game plan to control the clock.
- Lewis has struggled so far this year and topped 100 yds for the first time in 2 years last week.
In my mind, these two are both risky plays. While Bradshaw MAY break off a big score and find the endzone, he also may not. While Lewis may pound the ball for 50-75 yards and a score, he may not. The Browns are going to have to score on the ground to have a chance against Pittsburgh, but I dont know if they'll get close to the endzone to give Jamal the chance. The Giants have a ton of offensive weapons to look to against a Saints team that is built the same way and will be involved in a game today that will either a defensive struggle, or an offensive clinic. Lewis is due to score his first rushing TD soon while Bradshaw had 2 scores last week and is due to have a downturn (he's been an "every-other-week" performer and this week if the trend remains, he will take a backseat to Jacobs).
Unfortunately, all of my bench is on bye this week so I am already flexing a WR and only have 1 starting RB. Who do I slate in the 2nd slot?