Owen Daniels - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owen Daniels

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Owen Daniels (OUT FOR THE YEAR)

Postby higgs » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:27 am

This is such bad news for so many of us...looks like Heath Miller will be my starter now. Lame...but I wish him a speedy recovery.
higgs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:30 am

Definately not good news, Daniels was a lynch pin for 1 of my squads - he was producing like a WR1 in the TE slot. I legitimately feel bad for the guy - he was having a monster season in his contract year, this injury probably will end up costing him millions. Looks like I'll be leaning on Benjamin Watson for the rest of the season.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Is this definite?
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:27 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:Is this definite?

Last I checked, he was scheduled for an MRI today, but Kubiack didn't sound optimistic. Holding on to him until offical news breaks, but prepare yourself accordingly.

Daniels suffered what appears to be a torn ACL in his right knee Sunday, the Houston Chronicle reports. Daniels will undergo an MRI on Monday, but "it doesn't look good," coach Gary Kubiak said Sunday.

Recommendation: Daniels, who has 40 catches for 519 yards with five touchdowns to date, will be replaced in the Texans' starting lineup by Joel Dreessen.

(Rotowire.com) Sun, Nov 1

TE Owen Daniels, who made the Pro Bowl last season and was off to the best start of his four-year career, is expected to undergo season-ending surgery at some point after he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee Sunday in the Texans' 31-10 win over the Bills. Daniels, who had 40 catches for 519 yards and five touchdowns, caught two early passes against Buffalo. On the second series, running a route that wasn't supposed to get him the ball, he planted his foot, cut and heard something pop. Daniels will be replaced in the starting lineup by Joel Dreessen, who has five catches for 52 yards.

(Yahoo! Sports) Sun, Nov 1

Daniels suffered what appears to be a torn ACL in his right knee Sunday, the Houston Chronicle reports. Daniels will undergo an MRI on Monday, but "it doesn't look good," coach Gary Kubiak said Sunday.

Recommendation: Daniels, who has 40 catches for 519 yards with fives touchdowns to date, will be replaced in the Texans' starting lineup by Joel Dreessen.

(Rotowire.com)
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:31 pm

I mean, best case scenario is that it's just a sprain and he's out for 4 weeks. Clogging up a roster spot until week 12 would almost be as bad as him just being straight up out. We might have another Cooley on our hands here.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:33 pm

Owen Daniels has a torn ACL and is out for the season, according to the Houston Chronicle.
An MRI Monday confirmed Daniels' fears. It's a huge blow to the Texans and fantasy owners as Daniels was on pace for 80 catches, 1,038 yards and 10 touchdowns. The Texans' are expected to start Joel Dressen in Daniels' place, but rookie James Casey has the most fantasy upside. Daniels, who was working on a one-year contract, will now need to prove his health before next season.

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Thor » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:05 pm

He's not even on my team and he hurt me.

I was in the middle of working out a trade for Brent Celek to help my TE situation. Now Daniels got hurt and Celek is not expendable for the Daniels owner. :~(
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:59 pm

I dont own him but I own Schaub in two leagues. Hope he can still put up the same numbers without him.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:11 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:I dont own him but I own Schaub in two leagues. Hope he can still put up the same numbers without him.

Depends if Walter, Jones, Davis can pick up the slack. If not, Schaub's value takes a light-moderate hit.

Andre - 80 targets, 44 catches for 697 yards and 4 TDs

Daniels - 58 targets, 40 catches 519 yards and 5 TDs <---- you could realistically bump these stats by %10 since Owen obviously went out early in the game.

When you look at those stats, you get a really good idea of how Daniels was an integral part of that offense. Schaub and Andre's value goes down. Walter and Jones value goes up. Slaton's value is to be determined.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Montana168 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 pm

big blow for the texans. kevin walter needs to step up and he is everyone's early pick to see the most benefit from this injury, fantasy wise. i owned him in 3 out of 4 leagues so this hurts a lot. went into this week in my dynasty league with daniels, witten, and davis so i had incredible, young depth. ended up dealing davis before the weekend for a WR and a RB, and almost ended up dealing witten as well, great thing i didn't.

biggest question for daniels owners: in dynasty leagues, do we stash him the rest of the season for next year and hold up a roster spot the rest of the year? even if we stash him, will he be as good next yr? (from my understanding, it takes a player 2 yrs to FULLY recover from an ACL tear. 1 yr of recovery, then isn't up to full speed his 2nd yr). he's 27 this yr, so under that philosophy he will be 29 when we could see him be elite again. is it worth it or is it time to drop him or deal him to a bottom team willing to stash him for practically nothing?
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk