J. Elam
Bucs
Ravens
donh

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Why is it...?

Postby trentvaughn » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:42 pm

Why is it that almost every person who posts a team like this is fairly well stacked. You're obviously covered at QB & RB. Receiver is another question all together.

Gardner will have a fine year. Booker should do well in Chicago if all of the ball sharing doesn't hurt his numbers (they have 4 or 5 starting WRs on that team). Johnnie Morton will be a nice addition if he stays healthy in KC. Driver could step into the #1 receiving role in GB if Glenn stays hurt. Lelie won't have an impact this year. He's behind two solid starters, and there are others there who can play the third receiver. Rookies almost always (Randy Who?) have a rough first year. It's a lot to learn.

You might want to think about trading M. Bennett or T. Henry (which ever seems to get more interest in your league) for a solid WR. Usually you don't do such things, but your RB situation is solid. If you don't get a GOOD (Keyshawn, Kevin Johnson, Tim Brown, that level) offer, let it ride. Some of your receivers are bound to step up and have a really solid year.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:32 pm

haha i know what u mean about the stacked teams. probly cuz leagues always have few of owners that dont care and therefore give the owners that do care a better chance at a great team. thats a problem with public leages... some of the teams ive seen are crazy, esp. the ones with defense players. it seems that if u ignore defense till the end (like u should) u end up drafting an unbeliveable team cuz too many clueless owners take defensive players in the early rounds...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

thanks for the reply

Postby donh » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:35 pm

That was why I posted. I needed feedback on the lack of WR's.

I haven't proposed anything yet (relative to a trade) but was certainly leaning toward trading either T. Henry or Bennett for a, as you stated, GOOD offer. Otherwise, hoping Morton and/or Gardner have top 15-20 numbers and I should be o.k.

Again, thanks for the input it helped to re-inforce what I was thinking.
donh

by the way

Postby donh » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:37 pm

this is a private league I am in and a $200 entry fee.
donh

Return to Football Talk