Best Pass/Run Schedules Remaining - Week 8 Update - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Pass/Run Schedules Remaining - Week 8 Update

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Best Pass/Run Schedules Remaining

Postby 49ersavior » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Great post man, I've been on the fence about Mendy who's been solid for me since I picked him up ever since the return of Parker. Possibly thinking about dealing him for LT/C. Johnson.
49ersavior
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:03 pm

da bears wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:I want to address Benson "yo-yoing" this year. Remember, he ran for 100+ yards against PIT and BAL but seemed to struggle against CLE and HOU. It's perplexing.

That is crazy just looked back at the box scores and it really isn't like they were way behind in any of the games when he did poorly. The game they were the furthest behind was the Pitt game unless I went through wrong. But more importantly great write up I think these types of threads are some of the most helpful to fantasy players for making a real run at a championship. It's like playing poker to me, there's lots of luck and all you can control is putting yourself in the best position to win.

Haha just to put it into perspective.. Benson has played 4 extremely stout rush defenses and 2 extremely weak ones. In points surrendered to opposing RB's, Pitt is ranked #1, GB is ranked #2, DEN is ranked #6 and BAL is ranked #11. He gashed those four defenses for 413 rushing yards, and 53 yards receiving with 3 TD's. Against the 31rst(CLE) and the 26th(HOU) defenses, he only managed 118 rushing yards, 13 receiving yards and 1 TD. What does it mean? It means only the inverse of defensive rankings apply to Cedric.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby mattb47 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:45 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:
da bears wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:I want to address Benson "yo-yoing" this year. Remember, he ran for 100+ yards against PIT and BAL but seemed to struggle against CLE and HOU. It's perplexing.

That is crazy just looked back at the box scores and it really isn't like they were way behind in any of the games when he did poorly. The game they were the furthest behind was the Pitt game unless I went through wrong. But more importantly great write up I think these types of threads are some of the most helpful to fantasy players for making a real run at a championship. It's like playing poker to me, there's lots of luck and all you can control is putting yourself in the best position to win.

Haha just to put it into perspective.. Benson has played 4 extremely stout rush defenses and 2 extremely weak ones. In points surrendered to opposing RB's, Pitt is ranked #1, GB is ranked #2, DEN is ranked #6 and BAL is ranked #11. He gashed those four defenses for 413 rushing yards, and 53 yards receiving with 3 TD's. Against the 31rst(CLE) and the 26th(HOU) defenses, he only managed 118 rushing yards, 13 receiving yards and 1 TD. What does it mean? It means only the inverse of defensive rankings apply to Cedric.

I don't know that this is necessarily a trend you can depend on to continue though...probably just one of those situations where you play him no matter what but you're not quite sure what you're going to get.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:58 pm

I like Larry Johnson as a cheap buy low. You could probably get the guy for next to nothing and he has some nice matchups that could make him a decent RB2 coming up.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Something else to take note of is the best playoff schedules...and they are as follows:

Best Pass Playoff Schedules:
1. San Diego Chargers (DAL, CIN, TEN)
2. Miami Dolphins (JAC, TEN, HOU)
3. St. Louis Rams (TEN, HOU, ARI)
4. Arizona Cardinals (SF, DET, STL)
5. New Orleans Saints (ATL, DAL, TB)
6. Cincinnati Bengals (MIN, SD, KC)
7. Detroit Lions (BAL, ARI, SF)

Worst Pass Playoff Schedules:
1. New York Giants (PHI, WAS, CAR)
2. Atlanta Falcons (NO, NYJ, BUF)
3. Philadelphia Eagles (NYG, SF, DEN)
4. Jacksonville Jaguars (MIA, IND, NE)
5. Denver Broncos (IND, OAK, PHI)

Best Run Playoff Schedules:
1. New Orleans Saints (ATL, DAL, TB)
2. Seattle Seahawks (HOU, TB, GB)
3. New York Jets (TB, ATL, IND)
4. New England Patriots (CAR, BUF, JAC)
5. Buffalo Bills (KC, NE, ATL)
6. New York Giants (PHI, WAS, CAR)
7. Kansas City Chiefs (BUF, CLE, CIN)

Worst Run Playoff Schedules:
1. Detroit Lions (BAL, ARI, SF)
2. Chicago Bears (GB, BAL, MIN)
3. Green Bay Packers (CHI, PIT, SEA)
4. Philadelphia Eagles (NYG, SF, DEN)
5. Baltimore Ravens (DET, CHI, PIT)
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kickureface » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:28 pm

anyone still considering dealing rice away because of playoff schedule?
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mattb47 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:40 pm

kickureface wrote:anyone still considering dealing rice away because of playoff schedule?

As he showed last game...it's looking like he's nearly matchup proof just because he'll get production through the air a lot against the better defenses and especially the aggressive ones. He's just such a huge part of that offense that if they are doing anything offensively, chances are he's going to be pretty involved and solid from a fantasy perspective.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kickureface » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:10 am

a few more weeks would be a better indicator of how the offense will be, since eventually they wont always be coming from behind (defense is worse but isnt horrible), but this week is a great week to sell.
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Nice work Matt. Any interest in updating this every week?
MotorCityKitties
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:43 pm

I love to see all of my passers/catchers on the top side of your lists, but with Rice/Forte/KSmith and Co. I am re-thinking some trade offers I have ruled out in the past since I'm at 6-1 and can plan ahead at this point :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk