Week 11 Against the Spread Final Outcome & WINNERS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 11 Against the Spread Final Outcome & WINNERS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 11 Against the Spread Final Outcome & WINNERS

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:16 pm

Once again we have 2 people sharing top honors with 1600 credits won.

CONGRATS TO OUR TWO HIGHROLLERS!

e-man & joester

This turned out to be a very difficult week to beat the spread. Two of us bankrupted (that's what I get for opening my mouth about it not happening last week). Two people didn't follow the rules and are disqualified for this week. Evidently they picked up bad karma in the process, since both also bankrupted [and aren't included here].

Aside from our two highrollers, joester and e-man, only 2 of the remaining players had winning days, and only 2 more walked away with their original investment. Vegas beat 13 out of 19 players.

Special mention goes out to joester, with a two-week high of 3000, and to Slingblade, the only other person besides joester to win in both weeks.

The Totals:
1600 e-man, joester
1400 KnowNothing (guess he knew something this week)
1200 Slingblade
1000 dalej, Slowkidz
800 Kashikis, thechill, thelongestyard, Arlo, Fern
600 Homeless, Dazedncnfz, fntsyrookie, SuperCafone, petey
200 Guttpuppy

BANKRUPT DraftDodger, Catch 22

This was a tough week; let's hope we can bounce back next week and make Vegas pay out big time. Can joester come out ahead three weeks in a row? Can Kashikis and thelongestyard regain their top position? Can ANYONE break the 1600 credit barrier and possibly double their bets?
Last edited by DraftDodger on Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:23 pm

I would just like to take this time to thank Cleveland for helping me break even this week!! I guess two good things came out of their game, eh DUKE? hehehe
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:30 pm

Dead last,man that hurts...at least I still have some pocket change.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Dead last?

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:11 pm

You weren't dead last, Guttpuppy. Catch 22 and I both lost all of our bets. I figure the only way to save face is to have a huge week next time.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby thelongestyard » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:22 pm

Good job to e-man and joester. Oh well, at least I am still above the break-even point. My picks must have thought I was using real money. As we gear up for next week, Good Luck!
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:55 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Dead last,man that hurts...at least I still have some pocket change.

Hehe, that does make you look like dead last Gutt.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby e-man » Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:02 pm

Good thing this is just for bragging rights. I don't think the local radio station will be calling me for my weekly picks any time soon.

Thank you Draft Dodger for showing me I should not pick games for real. 2 weeks 2600 dollars not bad.

Lets just say, WE ain't Jimmy the Greek! Younger guys, just ask your dad, he will explain it to you.
e-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Catch 22 » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:25 pm

:-t :~(

So Embarrasing! LOL!

But alas, I will try again this week!
Catch 22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Gambling

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:50 am

I know what you mean, e-man. I've often been good at picking stocks for investment, but always as a paper game. In highschool we had to invest $2000 imaginary money in the stock market ... I bought Winnebago at $2 a share and sold it at $13 a share.

I bet a friend of mine a few years back that I could duplicate my success with real money, so I invested $1000 in Laser Power stock. The investment just kinda sat there, bouncing up and down for months, and finally I pulled out $1300 minus fees. Blech. Then the stock plummeted to 50 cents a share and I said, "Gee, I ought to reinvest." I didn't, and two weeks later the stock was back up at $5 a share. Ouch! Now I think the company is out of business, so I'm not sure if I should be happy I pulled out a little profit, sad that I didn't buy back into it, or relieved that my money didn't go down with the ship. I think I feel all 3.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby e-man » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:32 am

Stocks......Now that is something I get into. The E-man wants to retire. America what a country!!!!!
e-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk