First Sig... Tips? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

First Sig... Tips?

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

First Sig... Tips?

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 am

So, this is my first sig. Ive done a few in the past but I was using Photoshop 7 or 8 so it's been a while... Anyway, if the graphics guys(or anyone) wants to give me any tips or make any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. Maybe I could start making some around here. ;-)

I know the quality isnt very good, but maybe you guys could help out with that too.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Sig... Tips?

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:27 pm

That actually looks really good for a first sig, check out the "First Sigs" thread in this forum and you'll see how good it really is. ;-D

Anyway that's a tough question to answer because there are so many different things you can do in Photoshop. I do not consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination, I'm learning new things myself all the time. Basically what I would say is to keep messing around with Photoshop, try all the different effects and filters. Maybe Google search "sig making tutorials" or something for more detailed help, I know there are lots of tutorials on Youtube. Another thing is try making stuff without trying to keep it under Cafe limits, it'll allow you to try and do more. You'll learn what you can and can't do through trial and error. So really it's like anything you want to get good at, just keep at it.

If you have any direct questions about techniques I'll answer them if I can. ;-D

Oh and the sig you're wearing now is badass by the way. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Contests and Showing Off