How good is Dallas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How good is Dallas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How good is Dallas?

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:46 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this. I actually have a 2 part question.

1. How good is Dallas? If you look them over, yeah, they are 7-3, but consider who they played. They have played 2 teams with winning records (Philly 7-3, NE 8-2). Teams they've beaten are a combined 28-42 and 2 of the 3 games they've lost they've been shut out. I think 2 things have really helped them to where they are at this point, the Tuna and the defense. The offense is flat out not very good.

2. I'm wondering if I should play Stephen Davis this week against them or Brian Westbrook against New Orleans. I realize that Carolina is no offensive powerhouse, that Dallas has the No. 1 pass defense and No. 2 rush defense in the league, and that they have only given up 100 yards to a runningback once this year. I'm worried this is going to be a 6-3 game run by the defenses and I'm going to get maybe 5pts from Davis. Meanwhile, Philly has been doing great and Westbrook recently turned in a career performance against the Jets. Would you "stick with your stud" or move to what looks to be a favorable matchup?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:47 pm

i have davis and will NEVER bench him unless he is playing hurt. NEVER. The man just puts up solid numbers every week.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:02 pm

who won the Dallas - NE game?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:09 pm

Dallas got shut out 12-0
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:10 pm

deftdelivery wrote:who won the Dallas - NE game?

You really need to watch more Sports Center. :,-(
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:13 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:who won the Dallas - NE game?

You really need to watch more Sports Center. :,-(

Correction. I really need to drop out of a private school that enforces 4-5 hours of hw a night :-°
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Re: How good is Dallas?

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:15 pm

Azrael wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this. I actually have a 2 part question.

1. How good is Dallas? If you look them over, yeah, they are 7-3, but consider who they played. They have played 2 teams with winning records (Philly 7-3, NE 8-2). Teams they've beaten are a combined 28-42 and 2 of the 3 games they've lost they've been shut out. I think 2 things have really helped them to where they are at this point, the Tuna and the defense. The offense is flat out not very good.

They are not that good, that why this league is as it is Parity, weak ass schedule. Grant it fat tuna is good coach, maybe best out there, but this team has been on the positive side of poor officiating and lucky bounces. If the Redskins ever figure out how to capitalize on turnovers cowpies would be 6-4 (spilt milk, i'm crying again)
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:17 pm

I'm glad Dallas has started to slide a little, they were becoming way too overrated. I think the Eagles will end up winning that division. And yes, you should start Davis.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Baltimoron » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:01 pm

Stephen Davis will tear up Dallas. Dallas has linebackers about the same size as their punter. If you watched the Sunday night game, you would realize this team is very weak in the run defense department, if NE had a good RB it would have been a huge blowout.
Baltimoron
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MrFantasyFootball » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:14 pm

Me living in Dallas and being a Dallas Fan, Im mad about how they have played. There offense is still sputtering like last year but their Run Defense is Solid as can be in the league. They have shut down Great Running Backs this year, and I think theirs only been 1 100 yard rusher against them. I predict Stephen Davis to get maybe 70 yards rushing Total.

You look in the league and you call Dallas Overated, but then you look at the league, especially the NFC, you see Minnasota sliding who are 6-4 and so are St Louis who almost lost to Da Bears yesterday, then you see Carolina at 8-2 leading the lead, then its Dallas and Philly at 7-3, Then the next closet teams are 5-5. So Who in the NFL is good? If the Bengals can be 5-5 and lead their devision, whos good?
MrFantasyFootball

Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Football Talk