Better RB of the 2nd Half: DD or Rudi Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Better RB of the 2nd Half: DD or Rudi Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who has the better 2nd half?

Double D
67%
Rudi Johnson
33%

Total votes : 12

Dominic Davis or Rudi Johnson

Postby all_or_nothing » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:24 pm

Which RB will have a better second half? My league gives points only for TD's. Will Johnson share carries with Corey Dillon? More importantly will he be the goaline back? Please any comments are needed.
all_or_nothing
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:32 pm

i like d. davis, he is the unquestioned #1 back there, and as good as rudi's been, corey dillon is a very good back
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:54 pm

Double D has an easier schedule.

Friendliness: %

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:01 am

Anonymous wrote:Double D has an easier schedule.

Double D has Tampa and Tennesse weeks 15 & 16. However, he has Atlanta and Jacksonville weeks 13 & 14. The weeks the playoff picture is clarified.

Rudi Johnson appears to be on a better team, and getting 30 carries a game can be nothing but beneficial. I'd take him over DD by a nose probably. The next couple weeks will clarify things.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby all_or_nothing » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:26 am

Will Dillon take away carries? More importantly will he take goaline carries? Also, will Mack take goaline carries from Double d? I need to know your opinion ASAP!
all_or_nothing
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MMH » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:49 am

I dont see Mack taking goaline carries off DD. He only took them off him a few weeks ago because he was injured.

DD has proved he can get the ball into the endzone himself.

Its a tough call as I have both guys. DD has been nice and consistant Usually a lock for 100 yards combined. I would take that from a number 2 back every week quite happily.

Johnson looks to have the ability to pull out a monster game though. Dillon will still be in the mix for sure but Rudi is proving a valuable FF player right now.

Either is a good option and it may be worth trading one of them off to strenghen another area.
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:41 am

rudi is better in ff because mack gets all of the texans goal line plays
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

r/b

Postby Daddymike59 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:48 am

Dominick. He's the MAN

Rudi Will share carries especially Goal line.
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Goody » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:41 pm

Davis
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:00 pm

I think a valid point is made with an emphasis on SOS. Davis has to run against NE, Jax, Tampa, and Tenn. Davis has yet to prove he can run on anything but a sieve for a defense. His 100 yard games have come against the Jets, Indi, and Cinci. He does not have an easy schedule. Make no mistake about the Jags, they give up oodles of points but only one 100 yard rusher this year (S. Davis).

You've heard it here first. D. Davis is going to be a real poor play down the stretch.

I can't shout praises for Rudi yet either, except that he's had a ton of yards the last 2 games. Maybe he's getting into his groove but he hasn't exactly pounded on any defenses worth noting. I think he's shown more than Davis and he can probably be said to be on a better team. His schedule isn't a softie either here on out. There is that concern that he'll share carries with Dillon or that Dillon will start over him when he's 100% (according to Corey).

I probably wouldn't use either of these guys if I could help it. If I had both, I'd probably play it by matchups or if you can't decide and you know both will start, I'd probably go with Rudi.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk