Flag Football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Flag Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flag Football

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 am

So, I posed this on the dark side and got a bunch of ball bustingish responses. Metroid (being the class act that he is) suggested I re-post it here.

There was a new indoor sports complex built near me, and a buddy of mine just started a 5 on 5 flag football team. Since he's a lazy bastard, I'm the one stuck looking for some decent pass plays (no rushing allowed). When I look them up though, all I get are pay sites. Seriously, who would pay for flag football plays?

Anyway, does anyone here play in a flag football league? If so, I'm wondering if anyone knows of some resources for offensive plays and defensive philosophies (right now, we're just playing man to man, which I think could end badly against more experienced teams)...
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Flag Football

Postby dream_017 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Metroid (being the class act that he is) suggested I re-post it here. )

Must not be the same Met we know :-B

O:-) :-b

Inukchuk wrote:There was a new indoor sports complex built near me, and a buddy of mine just started a 5 on 5 flag football team. Since he's a lazy bastard, I'm the one stuck looking for some decent pass plays (no rushing allowed). When I look them up though, all I get are pay sites. Seriously, who would pay for flag football plays?

Anyway, does anyone here play in a flag football league? If so, I'm wondering if anyone knows of some resources for offensive plays and defensive philosophies (right now, we're just playing man to man, which I think could end badly against more experienced teams)...

Here you go:

Flag football from Free Bagel

Additional links
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Email me at houstonherdfan@yahoo.com

I'll send you what we use. Granted they are for youth football, but change a couple of the patterns to get one of the recievers down the field more often some of them should work.

Do you need our running plays or just the passing ones. The most important thing is to make sure you have at least 1 reciever running a short rounte (5 yards or so), one going intermediate (around 15 yards) and 1 deep route (25+ yards)
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:15 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:Metroid (being the class act that he is) suggested I re-post it here. )

Seriously... we'll trade you our Metroid+Lambskin for your Met.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:56 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

Seriously... we'll trade you our Metroid+Lambskin for your Met.

Haha, one Lambskin's good enough already, thanks. Any interest in an AussieDodger?

Seriously though, thanks for the resources, guys. I appreciate it.
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:29 pm

You guys should totally trade me for AussieDodger, that's a great deal right there. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Metroid wrote:You guys should totally trade me for AussieDodger, that's a great deal right there. :-b

You should all totally trade Met for mweir. He'll give you some wicked Pythagorean record theorems on how and why the Argonauts would make for a winning NFL team.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:11 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:You guys should totally trade me for AussieDodger, that's a great deal right there. :-b

You should all totally trade Met for mweir. He'll give you some wicked Pythagorean record theorems on how and why the Argonauts would make for a winning NFL team.

Win. +1 to your xFIP.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:27 pm

I played on a friend's team a few times when they needed another body. I was not familiar at all with the playbook, however, so I just tried to get open every play. It's more complicated than I thought it would be. Some of these guys are super serious about it. I could hit up my friend if you want me to and see if he's got some of the plays they used.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm actually getting ready to start the IM flag football season here at school. We are a team of freshman playing in a league with people from all years, so it could be a tough task, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk