Flag Football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Flag Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flag Football

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 am

So, I posed this on the dark side and got a bunch of ball bustingish responses. Metroid (being the class act that he is) suggested I re-post it here.

There was a new indoor sports complex built near me, and a buddy of mine just started a 5 on 5 flag football team. Since he's a lazy bastard, I'm the one stuck looking for some decent pass plays (no rushing allowed). When I look them up though, all I get are pay sites. Seriously, who would pay for flag football plays?

Anyway, does anyone here play in a flag football league? If so, I'm wondering if anyone knows of some resources for offensive plays and defensive philosophies (right now, we're just playing man to man, which I think could end badly against more experienced teams)...
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 93
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Flag Football

Postby dream_017 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Metroid (being the class act that he is) suggested I re-post it here. )

Must not be the same Met we know :-B

O:-) :-b

Inukchuk wrote:There was a new indoor sports complex built near me, and a buddy of mine just started a 5 on 5 flag football team. Since he's a lazy bastard, I'm the one stuck looking for some decent pass plays (no rushing allowed). When I look them up though, all I get are pay sites. Seriously, who would pay for flag football plays?

Anyway, does anyone here play in a flag football league? If so, I'm wondering if anyone knows of some resources for offensive plays and defensive philosophies (right now, we're just playing man to man, which I think could end badly against more experienced teams)...


Here you go:

Flag football from Free Bagel

Additional links
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15306
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Flag Football

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Email me at houstonherdfan@yahoo.com

I'll send you what we use. Granted they are for youth football, but change a couple of the patterns to get one of the recievers down the field more often some of them should work.

Do you need our running plays or just the passing ones. The most important thing is to make sure you have at least 1 reciever running a short rounte (5 yards or so), one going intermediate (around 15 yards) and 1 deep route (25+ yards)
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5065
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Center of the Universe

Re: Flag Football

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:15 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:Metroid (being the class act that he is) suggested I re-post it here. )

Must not be the same Met we know :-B


Seriously... we'll trade you our Metroid+Lambskin for your Met.
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Flag Football

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:56 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:Metroid (being the class act that he is) suggested I re-post it here. )

Must not be the same Met we know :-B


Seriously... we'll trade you our Metroid+Lambskin for your Met.


Haha, one Lambskin's good enough already, thanks. Any interest in an AussieDodger?

Seriously though, thanks for the resources, guys. I appreciate it.
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 93
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Flag Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:29 pm

You guys should totally trade me for AussieDodger, that's a great deal right there. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Flag Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Metroid wrote:You guys should totally trade me for AussieDodger, that's a great deal right there. :-b


You should all totally trade Met for mweir. He'll give you some wicked Pythagorean record theorems on how and why the Argonauts would make for a winning NFL team.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 924
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oh, you didn't know?

Re: Flag Football

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:11 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:You guys should totally trade me for AussieDodger, that's a great deal right there. :-b


You should all totally trade Met for mweir. He'll give you some wicked Pythagorean record theorems on how and why the Argonauts would make for a winning NFL team.

Win. +1 to your xFIP.
Image
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 874
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jumping The Snap

Re: Flag Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:27 pm

I played on a friend's team a few times when they needed another body. I was not familiar at all with the playbook, however, so I just tried to get open every play. It's more complicated than I thought it would be. Some of these guys are super serious about it. I could hit up my friend if you want me to and see if he's got some of the plays they used.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Flag Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm actually getting ready to start the IM flag football season here at school. We are a team of freshman playing in a league with people from all years, so it could be a tough task, but hopefully it won't be too bad.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:42 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact