Flag Football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Flag Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Flag Football

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:20 pm

I played quarterback on a flag football team that spent some time ranked nationally in the top 5. However those only included 4v4 and 7v7 games, never played in a 5v5 league.

If you could give me a quick breakdown of the rules so I can determine which of those league types are more applicable, I'd be glad to give you a breakdown of some plays. Since you said no running I'm assuming it will be more like 4v4 (also no running), but just wanted to make sure. I'm looking for field dimensions, distance for first downs, number of first downs possible per drive, etc here. Also, and this one's important, what are the rules on rushing the passer? 4v4 used to have a 7 yard rush rule (anyone wishing to rush the quarterback had to line up 7 yards off the LoS), but recently got rid of it which changed the game drastically. What is the rule for 5v5?

Also, it would really help to know if most teams are zone heavy or man heavy on defense. In 4v4 leagues about 95% of teams play man heavy defense, in 7v7 leagues about 99.999999999% play zone exclusively. I'm not sure which way 5v5 would lean.

Lastly, if you can give me a quick indication as to the makeup of your team I could focus on the plays that tailor to the play style. Are you guys pretty normal athletically with good football knowledge, or a bunch of super fast guys who used to play college ball, etc.

I've got a pretty busy weekend but I'll try to get to this as soon as I can, it may be early next week first though.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flag Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:56 pm

Tons of crossing routes over the middle.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk