HUGE TRADE! Please Help!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

HUGE TRADE! Please Help!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

HUGE TRADE! Please Help!!!!!!!

Postby PowderedToastMan » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:37 pm

Guys i have asked for your opinons in the past and they have been VERY HELPFUL! but now i need you guys more than ever! I am in a 12 team keeper league here is my team QB-Warner/Testeverde RB-C-Mart/E.SMith/T.Jones/T.Hambrick WR-D.Boston/T.Glenn/Q.Ismail/B.Finneran/A.Bryant/L.Lelie K-J.Wilkins/M.Hollis Dteam-Cowboys K to make a long story short i have just been offeres M.Vick and C.Dillon for K.Warner! Do i do this or no? PLEASE HELP? What should i do? THanks Bill :-o
PowderedToastMan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Dillon and Vick for Warner

Postby trentvaughn » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:48 pm

In a keeper league (which I've never been a part of), young talent is just as important as winning. I don't know how many people you get to keep every year either.

Trading Kurt Warner, to me, is just not a good idea. Although Vick is a nice young QB, Warner probably has 3 good years left in his arm before an appreciable drop in production. That makes you ask yourself, "Will the Falcons be anywhere near as good as the Rams within the next few years?"

On the other hand, Corey Dillon will be a great back for at least 3 more years, and E. Smith isn't getting any younger. LaMont Jordan will slowly start getting touches away from C-Mart, but not this year. T. Hambrick looks like the real deal down in Dallas. And Thomas Jones is a toss up, although I lean to not panning out.

If it was me, I would do the trade. Testeverde should have a good year. Vick is primed to show everyone how good he really is. Do it. It could be the steal of the next couple of years. And Corey Dillon is the man.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Major Damage » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:02 pm

Don't do the deal unless you want to build for next year.
Major Damage

I'd do the trade!

Postby MN Rube » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:10 pm

Warner is great, but there have been some wispers about he thumb bothering him again this year...one more hit on that hand and he'll be out for a while! BUT, you do have a greta back-up with Testeverde, he seems ready for another good year, PLUS Vick has a huge up-side...even if he doesn't have a good year this year (which I think he will!), he has a great future ahead of him!

I also think that Dillon would be a great addition to your team! He also has a great future ahead of him, and should be able to help you out this year too!

I's do the Trade!
MN Rube

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:32 pm

You may want to get some young talent for Testerverde.I'll come back to him in a minute.Emmitt,you may want to do the same for him.Now,possibly,you may want to trade both Testerverde and Emmitt for a young rising QB like say Quincy Carter,Mike Vick,Drew Brees,David Carr,any of these young talentd players can help you out in the long-run,while Emmitt and Vinny are home sittin in retirement.Hambrick can fill in solidly for Emmitt and is the Cowboys future player,he's a very good player to have if you have Emmitt this season.Your WR corps looks very good,and young.Cowboys are a defense on the rise.Ok,now for trade offers,I wouldn't do that trade,and here's why:Vick IS a young talent QB,and IS exactly what you want to look for in a keeper league,but NOT for the best QB in the game currently.To get Vick you may want to give up veterans,like I said,like Testerverde,and Smith,not the most valuable player on your team!
n_tremain23

Return to Football Talk