Scoring of KRob TD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Scoring of KRob TD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Scoring of KRob TD

Postby jeru » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:00 pm

Yahoo has just changed the scoring of the KRob fumble recovery TD to give the Seattle D credit for a return TD. Is it just me or is this incorrect scoring? When the McCardell fumble recovery TD happened several weeks back on MNF, the TB D was not given credit for this TD. How is the KRob TD any different. Yahoo giving my opponent this illegitimate TD to the Seahawks TD turned a win into a tie.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby peteyfied » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:07 pm

They did have a Bobby Engram return TD. So they have 2 now?
peteyfied

Friendliness: %

Postby hayesb26 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:10 pm

in the mccardell one, the ball was turned over, causing the Bucs O to become defense. In the Krob one, the ball was never in the possesion of the defense. so thats the difference.. although it seems to me that krob should get a TD
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Scoring of KRob TD

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm

jeru wrote:Yahoo has just changed the scoring of the KRob fumble recovery TD to give the Seattle D credit for a return TD.

That's just plain retarted. Yahoo should be shot...in no way was Seattle Defense responsible for the fumble recovery...yahoo, you deserve to be slapped (at least metaphorically)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:21 pm

My yahoo scoring correction says that seatle defense has a return TD +1. However it did not subtract a touchdown from Krob.

In week 5, for tampa on Yahoo they did this: McCardell TD -1, McCardell Return TD +1, Tampa Bay Def TD -1.

Seems odd, but maybe the TD will be given to both Krob and Defense.

Friendliness: %

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:25 pm

http://www.myfantasyleague.com addressed the McCardell incident thoroughly, and the rule stands for all turnovers.

I don't know how Yahoo! will score it, but if you are the commish of a league you need to check that QB, RB, WR's, etc. are given credit for things like 'offensive fumble recovery returned for a TD' or your player won't get credit for the TD. Similarly, K's should be credited with passing, rushing and recieving stats as well in case they are involved in a fake FG attempt, etc.

This is the McCardell discussion:

Some leagues think that this should be considered a defensive touchdown, because they say that once a change of possession happens, the team that was once the offense is now the defense, and vice versa. Therefore, should this be considered a Tampa Bay defensive touchdown, not an offensive touchdown?
From the NFL Rulebook:

Rule 3, Section 35, Article 1 Whenever a team is in possession, it is the Offense and, at such time, its opponent is the Defense.
Rule 3, Section 35, Article 2 The team that puts the ball in play is Team A, and its oponent is Team B. For brevity, a player on Team A is referred to as A1 and his teammate as A2, A3, etc. Opponents are B1, B2, etc.

Note: A team becomes Team A when it has been designated to put ball in play, and it remains Team A until a down ends, even though there might be one or more changes of possession during the down. This is in contrast with the terms Offense and Defense. Team A is the offense when the down starts, but becomes the defense if and when B secures possession during the down, and vice versa for each change of possession.

However, clearly it's the intention in fantasy football to award things like interceptions and fumbles returned for a touchdown to the defensive team (because they are actually on the field at the time of the play), and not the offensive team. If fantasy football followed the letter of the NFL rules, there would be no such thing as a defensive touchdown, as all interception and fumble recovery touchdowns are scored by the the team with possession (i.e., the offensive team, if you follow the letter of the NFL rulebook).
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk