Transmission Problems: 3 Solutions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Transmission Problems: 3 Solutions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anyone Ever Do the Ultimate Repair?

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:53 am

You get it looked at?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sox 06 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:37 am

scottaa1 wrote:You get it looked at?

Not yet. My Dad talked to his mechanic and he said that he wouldn't recommend his transmission guy because he hasn't had a lot of experience with Honda transmissions (which are apparently a bit more "touchy" than some other transmissions). There are a couple of other transmission places that my Dad is going to look into. There's a chance we might look into the dealership because they should know these transmissions real good, but I'm not sure the extra cost of the dealership would be worth it. I'll update as soon as I have it checked out ;-D

Question: Could my problems be the torque converter and not the transmission itself? I've noticed when the torque converter locks in around 55MPH, the crackling/whistling sound gets louder. I looked up the symptoms of a bad torque converter and they were harsh shifting/slipping, noises/clunks when put into gear and shuddering (which my car does a little bit from time to time). Just an idea.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:56 pm

sox 06 wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:You get it looked at?

Not yet. My Dad talked to his mechanic and he said that he wouldn't recommend his transmission guy because he hasn't had a lot of experience with Honda transmissions (which are apparently a bit more "touchy" than some other transmissions). There are a couple of other transmission places that my Dad is going to look into. There's a chance we might look into the dealership because they should know these transmissions real good, but I'm not sure the extra cost of the dealership would be worth it. I'll update as soon as I have it checked out ;-D

Question: Could my problems be the torque converter and not the transmission itself? I've noticed when the torque converter locks in around 55MPH, the crackling/whistling sound gets louder. I looked up the symptoms of a bad torque converter and they were harsh shifting/slipping, noises/clunks when put into gear and shuddering (which my car does a little bit from time to time). Just an idea.

It most certainly could be. Seems like every time I go to fix something on my car, it's something different from what I thought it was. Take it to firestone or something and tell 'em to check it out, shouldn't really cost you much just to have them diagnose it, although to be honest I don't know, I hate those places. Don't go to Dobbs, that's my only advice. :-b

also. }:-)

honda:

Toyota:

See what I'm sayin'? :-b (I'm still just messin' with ya, I just have a grudge against Hondas. They make my gas mileage worse :-B )
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby sox 06 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:16 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:also. }:-)

My Honda:

Toyota:

See what I'm sayin'? :-b (I'm still just messin' with ya, I just have a grudge against Hondas. They make my gas mileage worse :-B )

I just had to do it :-D ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:32 pm

your civic looks like it's in pretty good shape for a 98.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby sox 06 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:47 pm

scottaa1 wrote:your civic looks like it's in pretty good shape for a 98.

I had it repainted back in February and I put those taillights on shortly after. But it is in pretty good shape overall.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:10 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Image

Looks like Lloyd's car from Entourage :-b If Toyota would bring back the Supra or some sort of sporty equivalent, I think they'd be in real good shape to dominate the car market, if they aren't already.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:47 am

bigh0rt wrote:Looks like Lloyd's car from Entourage :-b If Toyota would bring back the Supra or some sort of sporty equivalent, I think they'd be in real good shape to dominate the car market, if they aren't already.

Man. The Supra just eats. I've never been in a car as fast as one of my friends Supras, god it was a monster.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:49 am

sox 06 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:also. }:-)

My Honda:

I just had to do it :-D ;-D

See, that I can totally handle. Those are great cars that will run for a very long time, and get great gas mileage. I can't handle the ricers. They just make me so angry!!!! :-[ :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Looks like Lloyd's car from Entourage :-b If Toyota would bring back the Supra or some sort of sporty equivalent, I think they'd be in real good shape to dominate the car market, if they aren't already.

Man. The Supra just eats. I've never been in a car as fast as one of my friends Supras, god it was a monster.

Then you've never been in a real car. :-/
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk