Transmission Problems: 3 Solutions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Transmission Problems: 3 Solutions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anyone Ever Do the Ultimate Repair? UPDATE #2

Postby sox 06 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:21 am

bigh0rt wrote:
sox 06 wrote:Estimate from transmission place #2: $2500 +/- $200 :-o :-/

Psh. I gave you got for free weeks ago. ;-)

Both estimates were free :-D

Thanks though ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone Ever Do the Ultimate Repair? UPDATE #2

Postby Metroid » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:05 am

bigh0rt wrote:
sox 06 wrote:Estimate from transmission place #2: $2500 +/- $200 :-o :-/

Psh. I gave you got for free weeks ago. ;-)

Even got a 2nd form me...also for fee. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Transmission Problems: 3 Solutions

Postby sox 06 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:37 pm

I took the car to our mechanic last week so he could look the whole car over and tell me if its worth getting the transmission fixed. He said that the car is in great shape and it only has two minor problems:

1.) One of the rear brake lines has a small rust spot that might eventually start leaking some brake fluid
2.) The seal around where the transmission/engine come together (I think thats where he said) is a bit damp and should be replaced only if I get the transmission work done.

There is not rust anywhere (except that small part on one of the brake lines) and nothing is about ready to fall off. He said it would be best to get a rebuilt transmission directly from Honda. This would cost $2600 + $400 for the labor, $3000. Advance Auto Parts sells re-manufactured transmissions for my car for $1700 + $400 for the labor to swap them out, $2100. He said that he would wait to get it fixed until it gets really bad. So I guess I'm going to play the waiting game :-o
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:25 am

sox 06 wrote:He said that he would wait to get it fixed until it gets really bad. So I guess I'm going to play the waiting game :-o

Yup that's always fun. FYI "really bad" will happen in the middle of a busy intersection or the center lane on the freeway. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

Metroid wrote: FYI "really bad" will happen in the middle of a busy intersection or the center lane on the freeway. :-b

aint that the truth... I almost had something take my radiator out this morning. I was driving along on I-70 behind a big truck pulling a trailer with a backhoe on it. It was dropping pieces of junk periodically but then bottomed out and I saw sparks and next thing I know what looks like a 12-volt lantern battery is flying out from under the trailer. Had to slam on the brakes and come almost to a stop on the highway.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby sox 06 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Metroid wrote:
sox 06 wrote:He said that he would wait to get it fixed until it gets really bad. So I guess I'm going to play the waiting game :-o

Yup that's always fun. FYI "really bad" will happen in the middle of a busy intersection or the center lane on the freeway. :-b

That is exactly why I do not want to wait, but everyone seems to think that waiting is the best option. I travel on the turnpike every Friday and Sunday. And once I'm off of the turnpike, I'm on a "back road" for about 50 miles. And I'm usually about an hour and forty five minutes from home. But we are talking about $2100 X-I

Maybe I'll at least wait until the holidays are over with. Both my parents and myself need the money for presents and what not so maybe its not the best time to dump that kind of money into my car.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk