Where's my weekend? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Where's my weekend?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where's my weekend?

Postby Guru13 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Rant:

So I wake up this morning on a grand total of 3 1/2 hours of sleep (hooray for procrastinating on a long paper), felt like I got hit by a car. Seriously, just one of those mornings. Fine. Wake up. Print paper... WHY IS THE COMPUTER SO DAMN SLOW?! took me like 30 minutes to print my paper this morning for some reason, no idea why it was so slow. O well. I'm a bit behind, but whatever. Need a quick breakfast, what do we have?... NOTHING. I ate TUNA for breakfast. I like tuna. But not for breakfast. I guess that's what being a broke college student is about. Fine. Tuna. Get paper from printer, go downstairs and hey! whatta ya know, my dog decided to piss on the floor. Great news! I was already running late and really was looking forward to cleaning up dog urine. ;-D Fine. Done with that. Walk outside. It's sprinkling, and frankly it's been raining non-stop all month so I kinda expected it, at least it's not raining too hard.... yet. Get out of car to walk the freakin' half a mile through our huge parking lot to class. When I closed the car door I must have flipped the switch for the heavy rain. Bummer. I'm soaked. turn in paper. I get to leave early from class today! alright, my day is turning around. I'm gonna go apply for that job now, I've been putting that off I need to get it done. Its and online application for Costco. They pay very well. At the end of the application there's a 30 question quiz-like thing. One question per page. Once you answer you can't go back to the previous page. They give you a scenario and 4 potential ways to respond to this scenario. First you pick which of the 4 you are most likely to perform and the which you are least likely to perform. I answered what seemed like an important one backwards. Saying that I would treat this mean customer the same way he's treating me and I would be least likely to keep a level head and try to help them with whatever they needed. I know there's 30 of them so maybe one won't matter. But considering how my day's going, I'm sure it'll cost me the job. /rant... but I have another class at 4:00, so maybe if I'm lucky I'll get to tack on some more. :-°
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Where's my weekend?

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:26 pm

is it worse than this day?

hang in there... it's almost football time.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Guru13 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:12 pm

scottaa1 wrote:is it worse than this day?

hang in there... it's almost football time.

Not yet. :-b If Costco doesn't call me in 60 days, than I'm just gonna burn the house down. :-B
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:10 am

Sounds like a Thursday for me. :-?

Just kidding, hang in there man. I know you don't want to hear this, and it isn't going to make you feel better, but things could be MUCH worse....trust me. :-/
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Return to General Talk