Commissioner Help: Trade accepted - Reggie Bush for MJD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commissioner Help: Trade accepted - Reggie Bush for MJD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commissioner Help: Trade accepted - Reggie Bush for MJD

Postby MattJH » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:34 am

Fellow fantasy football enthusiasts and league commissioners:

A one-for-one trade has been accepted in my league.

Team A, with a record of 1-6, gives up Maurice Jones-Drew (ranked 2nd overall RB in my league).
Team B, with a record of 3-4, gives up Reggie Bush (ranked 36th overall RB in my league).

I am the commissioner, and I have stated my disapproval of this trade publicly due to its obvious lopsidedness along with the fact that Team A (giving up MJD) has barely been participating in the league, regularly starting players on bye weeks and not setting his roster. Additionally, this is an optional buy-in league, and 6 out of the 10 participants have paid entry fees -- Team A and Team B, however, opted not to submit an entry fee, so there is no vested monetary interest.

My concerns are obvious. Unfortunately, my opponent for this week is Team B. The legitimacy of my disapproval is now being questioned by Team B, who suspects that I want to veto this trade simply because I don't want to face MJD this weekend.

I have presented absolute facts and have withheld any opinion or judgment. With the facts, what are your thoughts?
MattJH
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Commissioner Help: Trade accepted - Reggie Bush for MJD

Postby drunkmonkey » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:36 am

You have to veto this trade, especially given Team A's lack of participation. This is textbook collusion, in my book. Team B may get upset, but the other owners in the league (especially the ones with money vested) will agree.
drunkmonkey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Trivia Time Trial ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby higgs » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:40 am

I too would shut this one down. It's just wrong.
higgs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ryounglaw » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:45 am

trades in most leagues are rarely this unfair. VETO VETO VETO
Ryounglaw
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:20 am

sounds like collusion to me...ask them to explain their reasoning and since i'm sure they wont have a good explanation, veto it, warn them this wont be tolerated and another strike like this is cause for being banned from the league
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:12 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:sounds like collusion to me...ask them to explain their reasoning and since i'm sure they wont have a good explanation, veto it, warn them this wont be tolerated and another strike like this is cause for being banned from the league

What he said ;-D

I'm not a big fan of bagging most deals, but when it's one of these bench-fodder for a top-3 guy, there's not much of an explanation that will justify thinking anything other than collusion...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goody » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:40 pm

Optional buy-in league? That is a recipe for disaster and makes zero sense.... :-?
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MattJH » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Goody wrote:Optional buy-in league? That is a recipe for disaster and makes zero sense.... :-?

No, it's fine. This is a league among co-workers. Bragging rights for first place. Money for first place among the people who paid. It's basically two leagues in one. There's no potential disaster or anything.
MattJH
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby bungle613 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:30 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:sounds like collusion to me...ask them to explain their reasoning and since i'm sure they wont have a good explanation, veto it, warn them this wont be tolerated and another strike like this is cause for being banned from the league

What he said ;-D

I'm not a big fan of bagging most deals, but when it's one of these bench-fodder for a top-3 guy, there's not much of an explanation that will justify thinking anything other than collusion...

What they said.

It looks bad but a good commish should always investigate a deal before a veto. I would love to hear the rational behind dealing MJD for Bush at this stage in the season.

An owner can have a huge man-crush on Bush (Reggie that is) but you still have to get value out of dealing a MJD even if it is just a draft pick, WR3 or whatever.. the deal straight up sucks.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby spodog » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 pm

MattJH wrote:
Goody wrote:Optional buy-in league? That is a recipe for disaster and makes zero sense.... :-?

No, it's fine. This is a league among co-workers. Bragging rights for first place. Money for first place among the people who paid. It's basically two leagues in one. There's no potential disaster or anything.

lol. Are you the kind of guy who tells the fireman you are fine as yours clothes and body burn to a crisp? :-? :-?
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner