Redskins censor fans in name of "security" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Redskins censor fans in name of "security"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Redskins censor fans in name of "security"

Postby Munboy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:08 am

The 'Skins suck, we all know that. Their fans know that, which is evident with the increase in fan signs blasting Snyder.

So, what does Snyder do? Suck it up and try to fix his team?
NOOOOOOO...
He bans all signs in the name of "security and comfort."

You know...in case a fan holding a sign goes crazy and commits mass papercuts.

Sitting here reading the USA Today, no link.
The league is allowing the ban.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Redskins censor fans in name of "security"

Postby dream_017 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:23 am

Munboy wrote:The 'Skins suck, we all know that. Their fans know that, which is evident with the increase in fan signs blasting Snyder.

So, what does Snyder do? Suck it up and try to fix his team?
NOOOOOOO...
He bans all signs in the name of "security and comfort."

You know...in case a fan holding a sign goes crazy and commits mass papercuts.

Sitting here reading the USA Today, no link.
The league is allowing the ban.

That is nothing new. The Lions have done that: Remember, Fire Millen! It all started with a guy holding a sign and being chased around the stadium by security
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:27 am

Yeah I heard this the other day. It's complete BS, this is censorship at it's finest and that it's happening in the nations capitol is kinda sad.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Munboy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:28 am

I know it's nothing new.

I just find it funny that when the signs are blasting snyder with more and more frequency, they all of the sudden become a "security" risk. :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:41 am

holding up signs at a football game would surely prove that the terrorists have won :icon for rolling eyes:
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:50 am

Munboy wrote:I know it's nothing new.

I just find it funny that when the signs are blasting snyder with more and more frequency, they all of the sudden become a "security" risk. :-b

Would you rather they come out and say, signs are no longer allowed because we don't want you to be critical of management, thanks. Any team in the league would do the same thing...and many have. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but it has been done before and will be done in the future.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:13 am

Dan Snyder is a joke, and this does nothing more than just prove that fact. Too bad fans can't fire the owner, eh? :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:07 pm

What if you wore a shirt that said "Snyder Sucks"?
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby silverZ » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Or if a bunch of guys painted the letters FIRE SNYDER on their chest and took their shirts off once the Redskins were down by 7.
circa 2005
silverZ
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smackthefirst » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm not a die hard Skins fan by any stretch but living the majority of my life in the DC area makes me at least root for the team the majority of the time. And I hate to say it, but I feel horrible for the die hard Skins fans at this point. Yes there have been horribly bad teams in the past, see Detroit last year, and I know I don't have personal experience with those fans; but the fans around here are just beaten at this point. They really have no hope of things ever turning around at all with Snyder still involved. Many don't even care if Snyder is the owner or not, but Cerrato needs to be fired and Snyder needs to learn how to simply own the team and not try to play fantasy football with a real team.

And this latest incident, even though it's happened many times before, might actually be what pushes enough fans over the edge. I've actually seen people selling tickets for $1 simply to prove a point. Since they had already bought season tickets, there was no way to take money from Snyder this year, but it's their way of trying to prove the point that the product being delivered is all but worthless at this point. Unfortunately with someone like Snyder, the only way to force a change is to hit him in the wallet and unfortunately the Skins have such a history and season tickets are so hard to come by that many fans would rather continue to buy their tickets and just not attend the games than to chance not buying their season tickets and never being able to get them back.

So, even not being a die hard fan, I truly hope that Snyder realizes what he's doing to this fan base, which is one of the most loyal of any sport IMO and eventually realizes that if he wants to field a winner, then he needs to step away completely.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk