Week 8 GC: Carolina @ Arizona - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 8 GC: Carolina @ Arizona

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 8 GC: Carolina @ Arizona

Postby moochman » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:35 pm

Metroid wrote:
moochman wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yup, college ball is way better. ;-D

Love the college game. Except for the NCAA. They hate the players, pure and simple. to suspend a guy for talking to an ex-player is so not in the best interest of the student that the NCAA can only admit they care about protecting the institution and not what they stand for. Look at it like this. If you go to school would it be prudent of you to talk to as many people in your field who have more experience in your field so that you can make the best choice for your career? You would be stupid not too, and any educater would encourage you to do so. But the NCAA doesn't want the student athlete to learn as much about the business they are getting into. They just want to protect corrupt ADs the NCAA is riddled with.

Great TD to Patrick. That will light up FFB scoreboards everywhere.

You must be talking about Dez Bryant? Actually he wasn't suspended for talking to and hanging out with Dion Sanders, he was suspended for lying about it. He didn't actually do anything wrong, but he thought he may have, so he lied to NCAA heads and said he hadn't talked to or been with Dion. Either way he should not have been suspended, he didn't actually do anything wrong. He was scared he may have and made a mistake not being honest with officials, I could see him missing a game for that but not the season.

that is the whole of it, he felt he had to cover up what he should have been encouraged to do.

Zona looks like they gave up. Wish I hadn't of picked them up this week.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby . » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Is beanie ever going to get goal line carries?
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Metroid » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:06 pm

moochman wrote:
Metroid wrote:
moochman wrote:
Love the college game. Except for the NCAA. They hate the players, pure and simple. to suspend a guy for talking to an ex-player is so not in the best interest of the student that the NCAA can only admit they care about protecting the institution and not what they stand for. Look at it like this. If you go to school would it be prudent of you to talk to as many people in your field who have more experience in your field so that you can make the best choice for your career? You would be stupid not too, and any educater would encourage you to do so. But the NCAA doesn't want the student athlete to learn as much about the business they are getting into. They just want to protect corrupt ADs the NCAA is riddled with.

Great TD to Patrick. That will light up FFB scoreboards everywhere.

You must be talking about Dez Bryant? Actually he wasn't suspended for talking to and hanging out with Dion Sanders, he was suspended for lying about it. He didn't actually do anything wrong, but he thought he may have, so he lied to NCAA heads and said he hadn't talked to or been with Dion. Either way he should not have been suspended, he didn't actually do anything wrong. He was scared he may have and made a mistake not being honest with officials, I could see him missing a game for that but not the season.

that is the whole of it, he felt he had to cover up what he should have been encouraged to do.

Zona looks like they gave up. Wish I hadn't of picked them up this week.

I agree with you man. Still the NCAA product is more entertaining than the NFL, at least to me it is.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby . » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Oh god DO NOT let fitzgerald get a junk-time TD :-o
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Dalingh » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:31 pm

You gotta love playing against Warner when he has 6 TURNOVERS!!! Bwahahahahahha.
QB: Schaub
RB: LT, P. Thomas, Benson, Maroney, Ganther
WR: Megatron, Boldin, Britt, Roy Williams
TE: Gates
K: Hartley, Kaeding
D/ST: Cincinnati, Tennessee
Dalingh
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby D3C4K » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Dalingh wrote:You gotta love playing against Warner when he has 6 TURNOVERS!!! Bwahahahahahha.

I hate you.

<--- Started Warner
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby THE SWAT TEAM » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Deja vu for DWills?

Starting to think it is a good idea I took him off the trade block. Suddnely the Giants matchup in week 16 doesn't look near as bad.
THE SWAT TEAM
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby D3C4K » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:44 pm

THE SWAT TEAM wrote:Deja vu for DWills?

Starting to think it is a good idea I took him off the trade block. Suddnely the Giants matchup in week 16 doesn't look near as bad.

Yeah, Arizona played tough, and even while banged up DeAngelo played his tail off. I have no interest in dealing him away.
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas