Week 9 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 9 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 9 Games Talk

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Metroid wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
Metroid wrote:are you all really that surprised? Iowa has done nothing this season to show me they should be beating Indiana. Being 8-0 and ranked #4 doesn't mean they automatically should blow out Indiana. In fact how Iowa has performed against less than mediocre teams should have let you know how this game would go. I really hope Indiana hold on to really expose Iowa.

As I'm typing this....once again a lucky play for Iowa to get them back in the game. :-°

I don't think you give Iowa credit, but nobody gives anyone in the Big Ten credit anymore. Not surprised. Funny given your team beat arguably the conference's worst team by two points at home.

Are we talking about Oregon or Iowa? If you wanna talk about Oregon we can do that, but we're discussing how overrated Iowa is right now. ;-)

Credit for what? For needing a miracle against Michigan St.? Or for beating Northern Iowa and Arkansas State by a total of 4 points? Northern Iowa and Arkansas St! Those are teams that top five ranked team roll over by 40. I know margin of victory is not a factor in ranking for the BCS anymore but for me they are not close to a top 5 team.

I get it, but they are undefeated right now. A lot of people are calling them a poor man's version of the 2002 Ohio State team that won the NC. Do I agree? No, but they have a point. It's basically an indictment on the conference because if they were in the SEC and had the same body of work, everybody would be talking about how gritty and gutsy they are....and how they "know how to win" and all that jazz. Are they overrated? Probably, but they are undefeated and that's the best possible place they can be right now.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:45 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
I don't think you give Iowa credit, but nobody gives anyone in the Big Ten credit anymore. Not surprised. Funny given your team beat arguably the conference's worst team by two points at home.

Are we talking about Oregon or Iowa? If you wanna talk about Oregon we can do that, but we're discussing how overrated Iowa is right now. ;-)

Credit for what? For needing a miracle against Michigan St.? Or for beating Northern Iowa and Arkansas State by a total of 4 points? Northern Iowa and Arkansas St! Those are teams that top five ranked team roll over by 40. I know margin of victory is not a factor in ranking for the BCS anymore but for me they are not close to a top 5 team.

I get it, but they are undefeated right now. A lot of people are calling them a poor man's version of the 2002 Ohio State team that won the NC. Do I agree? No, but they have a point. It's basically an indictment on the conference because if they were in the SEC and had the same body of work, everybody would be talking about how gritty and gutsy they are....and how they "know how to win" and all that jazz. Are they overrated? Probably, but they are undefeated and that's the best possible place they can be right now.

If they were in the SEC they wouldn't have that same record. :-b

Hey man I've been saying all week that their 8-0 record is impressive, I just don't think their body of work warrants a #4 ranking. It's their 8-0 record that has them ahead of SC...SC would roll over Iowa with ease as would the next 6 teams behind them. :-?

6 turnovers by Iowa? Now there's a wow. 8-o If they were playing even a slightly better opponent this would even be close.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:49 pm

Bleh, TD Iowa....and here is where Indiana folds like a cheap suit. That blown TD call was the turning point. What a joke. :-°
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:58 pm

Metroid wrote:
6 turnovers by Iowa? Now there's a wow. 8-o If they were playing even a slightly better opponent this would even be close.

Yeah, 10 IU points off 6 turnovers... that's awful.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:12 pm

Yup..Indiana folded like a cheap suit, no real surprise there. I have to hand it to Iowa for getting it together in the 4th quarter, my opinion of them has not changed one bit though.
Metroid

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:30 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote: A lot of people are calling them a poor man's version of the 2002 Ohio State team that won the NC.

Yeah, that's kind of a joke though. This Iowa team makes that '02 OSU team look like the '07 Patriots.

Ohio State beat four top 11 teams that year, and when they played nobodies they blew them out of the water (51-17 against Kent State and 50-7 against San Jose State). Comparing them to a team that has played 1 ranked team and beat Northern Iowa and Arkansas State by the scores of 17-16 and 24-21 is nuts.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:50 pm

Holy crap! Florida's kicker just nailed a 56 yarder! 8-o
Metroid

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:14 pm

Heh, Urban is such a pansy at the end of the half. Our kicker just nailed 56 yard field goal, then with 10 seconds left in the half with the ball at the 50 yard line he takes a knee? All you need is 5-10 yards there to get back within his range.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Heh, Urban is such a pansy at the end of the half. Our kicker just nailed 56 yard field goal, then with 10 seconds left in the half with the ball at the 50 yard line he takes a knee? All you need is 5-10 yards there to get back within his range.

I'm not sure the 50 isn't within the kids range today. :-B
Metroid

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Is the USC/Oregon game a regional choice next to Texas/Okie St? Are they not both on TV? Yargh..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to College Football