Help with question about waivers???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help with question about waivers????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with question about waivers????

Postby Ineedhelp » Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:44 pm

I am in a league with 2 day waiver rule. now what time of day does that mean that that player is off the waiver wire. I am dead last on waiver list so I have to hope noone pays attention or those that do already have good backs. Someone made a mistake in my league dropping a big money back before he plays the weakest team in the NFL. So I am going to stay up until the time goes that he is off of waivers, I dont want to draw undue attention to this. My league is being hosted by Yahoo if that helps at all. I read the rules and couldnt find anywhere that it said anything other than 2 days.
Ineedhelp
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Waivers

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:57 am

I would guess around midnight, but someone more familiar with yahoo might have a better answer. Midnight just kind of makes sense because the Monday night game is over at midnight.

Something you can do to easily check is go to your league page and select view all transactions. I think they are time stamped.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Homeless » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:25 am

If I recall correctly its midnight pacific time the day after the player goes to waivers.

However, you dont have to stay up, just do the trade. then if no one else goes for him, you win. If someone else is watching him, and I suspect they will be and they have a hiogher waiver priority....well you know what that means :~(

I dont think anyone else can see your waiting waiver request, so your good to go.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:49 am

Homeless has a good point! Whether they can see your waiver or not, if someone else wants him than they may just put one in anyways. It doesn't hurt to do this...I've done it many a times and stolen players from others and vice versa. If you're worried about drawing attention to others, then wait until a few hours before the time is up to submit. That way if others can see, it will be less time for them to view/act upon it.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to Football Talk