Two words... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Two words...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Two words...

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:31 am

... this sucks! :-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

One word...

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:05 am

...word :-t !+) :-P %-6
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Two words...

Postby biju » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:43 am

Obviously this season isn't what we hoped for. And part of me still thinks this team is better than their record, although I know the record is the only thing that matters. But the important part of this is that the one thing that has been a blight on our team since Steve Hutchinson left is the one that is going to need attention in the offseason.

Tim Ruskell has tried for years to piece together the Offensive Line with hopes that Walter Jones could last another year and that players who get injured often will stay healthy over the course of the year. Well, this didn't happen. Walter Jones didn't play at all this year. Sean Locklear, Rob Sims and Chris Spencer have all missed games again for the second year in a row. Furthermore, our depth at these key positions isn't good enough. Yes, I understand that we're effectively down to our 5th string LT, but this is kind of what we get for not having payed attention to the line.

Now we're putting ourselves in a very bad position. We have a rather expensive WR corps that we often don't get the ball too and our mediocre RBs can't effectively run behind them.

The problem is that adding an early 1st round pick LT isn't enough to really cut it. We should be able to sustain an injury without it destroying our entire gameplan. Other teams have lost their LT this year and it hasn't gotten to the proportions we have seen. And while it absolutely kills me to say this, Walter Jones needs to retire. We use that cash (and the cash that will be saved from Deion Branch's impending release) to build the line. It will allow the Seahawks to build talent for the future in a position we need to more than any other. This team has the potential for another long run of winning seasons, but right now is the time the team needs to make tough decisions on who is going to help us 3 years from now instead of letting our sentimentality get the best of us.

We need to recognize that this is a time to rebuild.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby biju » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:46 am

As a complete side note, the place I watched MNF at last night had a few Seahawks there: Edge, Deion Branch and Jordan Babineaux, as well as a couple of guys I couldn't recognize. (For the record, they were all drinking sodas). I didn't bother them, but a buddy of mine went and had his picture taken with Edge.

It was nice to see them having a good time and they left well before the game was over so I didn't get the feeling that they should be studying instead. :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:58 pm

All I know is I'd be really REALLY bummed if I didn't have the Ducks!! :-b ;-)

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:32 am

Nfl Fan wrote:All I know is I'd be really REALLY bummed if I didn't have the Ducks!! :-b ;-)

Don't rub it in. Us Seahawk & Husky fans are not doing so well the last couple of years. :~(
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:03 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:All I know is I'd be really REALLY bummed if I didn't have the Ducks!! :-b ;-)

Don't rub it in. Us Seahawk & Husky fans are not doing so well the last couple of years. :~(

Hey Wolf.. at least the Huskies have some promise! Do me a favor and tell your boys to dismantle UCLA this weekend! ;-)

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:38 am

Bump. :-t :~(

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Seattle Seahawks