at least it cant get worse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

at least it cant get worse

Moderator: Football Moderators

at least it cant get worse

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:49 am

well...i guess we could lose to Cleveland at home in a few weeks :-/
so...Top 3 pick, Top 5? either way that's going to be a lot more guaranteed money on the books :-P at least DeAndre Levy looks like he could be a serviceable NFL player...the rest of this years draft, i'm not so sure
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: at least it cant get worse

Postby dream_017 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:15 am

After sitting and watching that game, I still do not have a way to describe my feelings about it
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:25 am

i spent like 15 minutes trying to find a streaming feed of it...people were downright rabid for a link. i finally gave up and found one with a few minutes to go in the 1st half...then i went outside and cleaned up halloween decorations and caught most of the 3rd /4th on the radio and then went and finished up with the stream...lets just say i'm glad i didnt invest any more time than that
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:27 am

Dan, when you say it can't get worse you mean, of course, that being the worst team in organized football means not being able to get worse. I disagree.
Schwartz was clearly out coached yesterday. The Rams FG kicker laughed about how the Lions always do the same thing on FG attempts, making it easy to run a fake, like the one yesterday for a TD to Fells. How do you come out of the bye week and having the other team call a time out on a FG play and not suspect a fake? How do you pull your passing strategy out of the Blueskies handbook and run short passes on long downs? How do you not have your team ready to try and tackle the only weapon the Rams have? S Jax walks in untouched for the winning TD from 25 yds out? How does this happen?
It happens because your team was unprepared to play the game.
It happens because you don't put your players in position to utilize their talents. Stafford throws deep much better than short, yet is asked to throw pukie Joey Bluesky passes.
It happens when your new GM sucks. Brandon Pettigrew was supposed to be a threat, but is a flop. Worse yet was the BS they told us about why it made sense to draft him. He would help the outside run game with his blocking skills as well as provide a target for Stafford. Total flop on both counts.
It happens when your draft looks eerily like Millens first draft than a good, or even competent draft.
Staffford, I like but has a lot yet to prove.
Pettigrew is a bust
Delmas is another Sims. He makes the majority of his plays down field or well after the play has developed.
Levy may be okay. Its early and we've seen the Reddings of the world have a decent impact and fade away.
WR Williams? IR, Practice squad? Where is this guy? Oh, he's a flop, thats where he is.
The big dude on the DL. Hill? He has promise, but hasn't stood out.
Did we draft anyone else?
As long as other teams in the league seem to draft players from every round while we can only get marginal talent from the top few rounds the Lions are doomed to suck.
Yesterday's game was a reaffirmation that the Lions are still the worse team in the league.

As for Cleveland. At least there is a team I am certain has worse coaching. Just not as sure of that today than I was on Saturday. This loss makes me sick. I hate being a Lions fan.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

i was wrong...it can get worse !+)

moochman wrote:same as it ever was

so...anyone have any faith that in 2011 we will have a shot at being a .500 team?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i was wrong...it can get worse !+)

moochman wrote:same as it ever was

so...anyone have any faith that in 2011 we will have a shot at being a .500 team?

How Schwartz responds to his team quitting, and the midget Raiola's comments about "his unit working to the end" pretty much confirming a division in the clubhouse, not to mention that the O thinks the D quit, will tell us if he is a head coach or a Lions head coach. I have no idea which head coach he is at this point.

All I know is that was the worse game I have seen the worse team in the history of organized football ever play. Sure the Chargers a couple years ago ran through us like NimRod through a goose, but I couldn't help but think that the Ravens weren't playing very good ball. And we still didn't compete. Then we quit. I didn't think it was possible, but I am very mad at this team.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions