My hate of the Gators has deepened 100 fold.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

My hate of the Gators has deepened 100 fold....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: My hate of the Gators has deepened 100 fold....

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 am

Munboy wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:That said, I'm not really surprised at the minor suspension. For starters, he was unsuccessful in getting to the eye

Seriously? No really....Seriously?

Just because he wasn't successful in blinding a player, then a minor suspension should be expected?

A Florida player tries to gouge a guy's eye, is unsuccessful in it, gets a very minor suspension, and everyone is up in arms.

A Georgia player actually DOES gouge a guy's eye to the point where the guy has to come out for an entire drive, gets no suspension, and no one says a word.

I'm not saying Spikes suspension was enough, there's no amount they could have done that I thought would have been too much. But compared to the precendent that's been set by EVERY team, this is not out of line. This is an across the board issue like any other.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:54 am

Nfl Fan wrote:Let's see... you slug a guy in the jaw when he's talking trash and you get 7 games.
You try to gouge a guys eye, possibly blinding him, and you get two quarters. :-t

Wow. Way to go, Florida. Way to step it up and show us all who you really are.

And how long do you think Blount would have been suspended if he had swung and missed?

About the same length of time as the other 50 players that have taken a swing and missed over the last couple years?

Also, I think Blount's history factored in a lot here. Spikes is a 4th year guy who has never had any off the field issues prior to this. Blount is a guy that could have been kicked off the team 10 times before the punch.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 am

Really? 10 times? In a season and a half? For what? Come on man...I'm tired of hearing the "Blount's history" stuff. What exactly is this history you speak of? Prior to the Boise St. incident, he had been suspended from the team once for missing workouts and academic reasons. He had no history of violent behavior before that incident yet everyone across the country has painted him as a thug who has "history." He got bad grades and was lazy, he wasn't out beating people up. He was suspended from the team for "failure to fulfill team obligations."(missing workouts and bad grades). Following the suspension his workout ethic greatly improved, and his academics and class attendance greatly improved. This "history" crap has been spread all across the country by pundits who see that he had been suspended and call it history. We was never in danger of being kicked off the team a single time let alone 10.

Anyway, should the Georgia player that supposedly did the same thing to him be suspended too? Absolutely, problem is I haven't...and I don't think anyone else has, seen the eye gouging on him. We have Spikes saying he was eye gouged first....um OK. No proof of that though. What we do have is video evidence of him trying to cause serious physical harm to another player, that he wasn't successful is irrelevant. He should have been suspended for at least a full game and probably longer.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Sandrock » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Can somebody show me some film of the Georgia player eye-gouging?

Fact of the matter is that this stuff happens every game and if you're stupid enough to get caught, you should pay the consequences. He should have gotten multiple games; just shows how spineless Florida and Meyer have become.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Let's see... you slug a guy in the jaw when he's talking trash and you get 7 games.
You try to gouge a guys eye, possibly blinding him, and you get two quarters. :-t

Wow. Way to go, Florida. Way to step it up and show us all who you really are.

And how long do you think Blount would have been suspended if he had swung and missed?

About the same length of time as the other 50 players that have taken a swing and missed over the last couple years?

Also, I think Blount's history factored in a lot here. Spikes is a 4th year guy who has never had any off the field issues prior to this. Blount is a guy that could have been kicked off the team 10 times before the punch.

Bagel, you're not really making a case for this, are you? Trying to gouge a guys eye??? To me, that seems like far worse crime than slugging a trash-talker in the jaw.

Sandrock wrote:Can somebody show me some film of the Georgia player eye-gouging?

Here you go. :-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:51 pm

I think what Sandy was looking for was any film of the Georgia player who eye gouged Spikes, what Spikes said he was retaliating to.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Munboy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Munboy wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
A Georgia player actually DOES gouge a guy's eye to the point where the guy has to come out for an entire drive, gets no suspension, and no one says a word.

When did this happen? Who did it? Who did it happen to? Was it an accident (happens ALL the time)? Or did Georgia's player purposely move his hand around trying to get his fingers into the face mask? Show me evidence of it and I will landblast the Georgia player (yes, I am a UGA fan) as badly as I did Spikes.

Regardless, "he did it first" is not an excuse. There's no room for it in organized sports, and Spikes should have been suspended for AT LEAST the remainder of the season...
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:42 pm

Breaking news... just heard on ESPN that he'll miss the ENTIRE GAME. Oooooohh... ;-7

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Breaking news... just heard on ESPN that he'll miss the ENTIRE GAME. Oooooohh... ;-7

well, at least he'll have more time to study his anatomy text. so he can find the guys eyes next time.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:51 pm

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football