Game Five or MNF - what did you watch? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Game Five or MNF - what did you watch?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What did you watch when the games were head-to-head?

World Series Game Five
19%
Monday Night Football
24%
Mostly Game Five, Some MNF
24%
Mostly MNF, Some Game Five
24%
Neither - I'm Canadian and there was curling on the Telly
10%

Total votes : 21

Re: Game Five or MNF - what did you watch?

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:51 pm

I watched MNF and MNF only. I watched game one of the World Series. I had intended on watching the entire series but when I learned that football games would be effected to cater to the series I stopped watching. I am boycotting baseball until they get their season finished up in early October like their supposed to. :-[

Really my boycott only counts to the World Series since I never watch baseball anyway. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eagles21 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:59 pm

Game 5. Go Phillies. :-)
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Metroid wrote:I watched MNF and MNF only. I watched game one of the World Series. I had intended on watching the entire series but when I learned that football games would be effected to cater to the series I stopped watching. I am boycotting baseball until they get their season finished up in early October like their supposed to. :-[

Really my boycott only counts to the World Series since I never watch baseball anyway. :-B

My boycott of the World Series has to do with two of the more obnoxious East Coast teams with the most obnoxious East Coast fans having to face each other. This is one World Series where I wish both teams came off the losing end. :-B
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:54 pm

If I didn't have like 4 leagues riding on the MNF, I woulda watched the Series almost exclusively, but instead I was a really annoying channel surfer }:-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:45 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:I watched MNF and MNF only. I watched game one of the World Series. I had intended on watching the entire series but when I learned that football games would be effected to cater to the series I stopped watching. I am boycotting baseball until they get their season finished up in early October like their supposed to. :-[

My boycott of the World Series has to do with two of the more obnoxious East Coast teams with the most obnoxious East Coast fans having to face each other. This is one World Series where I wish both teams came off the losing end. :-B

Hey, just happens to be where the good baseball is played. B-) There, and Toronto.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:19 am

bigh0rt wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

Hey, just happens to be where the good baseball is played. B-) There, and Toronto.

Everywhere else but Queens. B-)
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:42 am

I watched the World Series, and honestly, I've got to believe that got the majority of the sports viewership. Given that it's somewhat close and you asked on a fantasy football site, the actual results for what people watched are likely largely in favor of the World Series.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:09 am

I watched MNF mostly. When the commercials were so bad I couldn't handle it any more I checked the Baseball score briefly. I look at the standings through out the year but don't really like Baseball. The major difference in team salary turns me off. How one team could spend over 200 million and another spend in the 30's baffles me.

Championships can't be bought in Football.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:15 am

I was pretty much half and half. If it wasn't the WS it would have been exclusively MNF.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:52 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I watched the World Series, and honestly, I've got to believe that got the majority of the sports viewership. Given that it's somewhat close and you asked on a fantasy football site, the actual results for what people watched are likely largely in favor of the World Series.

When I first read this I said "no way." MNF has been pulling in a record number of viewers since the season began. Anyway I was wrong. I couldn't find a whole lot of comparative ratings, but Game 5 did pull in more viewers from the adults age 18/49 demographic, it was not by a large margin though. Game 5 produced a 5.3/14 rating, while MNF produced a 5.1/14 rating. That the premier event in all of baseball barely beats out a regular season football game for ratings I think this shows is that Football truly is Americas pastime. Especially since New York holds the largest viewing market. Even College Football pulled in decent ratings against the World Series during game, ABC's "Saturday Night College Football" regional telecast of Oregon vs. USC and Texas vs. Oklahoma State pulled in ratings of 3.3/12, while the World Series series had 4.7/16.

The World Series, for instance, is trending at least a third higher in ratings in the ad-centric adult 18-49 demographic than last year, with Monday night's Game 5 victory by the Philadelphia Phillies over the New York Yankees pitching a 5.3/14 rating and share in the demo. This easily led to Fox finishing first for the night, with the closest competition not one of its broadcast brethren, but rather ESPN's "Monday Night Football" victory by the New Orleans Saints over the Atlanta Falcons, which had a 5.1/14.

Linkage
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk