RB to trade for? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

RB to trade for?

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB to trade for?

Postby boston fan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:21 pm

What are some good running backs to trade for? ones that are productive now (rb 2/3 value or so), but could get even better as the season goes on
boston fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 100
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RB to trade for?

Postby mattb47 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Pierre Thomas has nothing but good matchups from here on out...not much more you can ask for there as he looked strong last night too.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB to trade for?

Postby Warpigs » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Laugh all you want, but Steve Slaton's value can't get any lower than it is at the moment. The Texans made a statement by benching him when they did in a game they knew they could win without him. If they were playing the Colts and he fumbled like that on the first carry, he wouldn't be benched as quickly.

Sure, Moats did well, but he was running against the Bills. A drunk Wanda Sykes could run for at least 100 yards against the Bills.

Add in the fact that Owen Daniels is out for the year and Slaton is integral in the team's short passing game, and I expect Slaton to do just fine down the stretch, especially in PPR leagues.
Image
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
Posts: 3054
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB to trade for?

Postby mattb47 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:08 pm

Warpigs wrote:Laugh all you want, but Steve Slaton's value can't get any lower than it is at the moment. The Texans made a statement by benching him when they did in a game they knew they could win without him. If they were playing the Colts and he fumbled like that on the first carry, he wouldn't be benched as quickly.

Sure, Moats did well, but he was running against the Bills. A drunk Wanda Sykes could run for at least 100 yards against the Bills.

Add in the fact that Owen Daniels is out for the year and Slaton is integral in the team's short passing game, and I expect Slaton to do just fine down the stretch, especially in PPR leagues.


Maybe if he had a better season ending schedule it might be worth going after him but he doesn't have a great matchup for the rest of the entire season...the best matchups are middle of the road defenses and with the threat of losing touches now, it's tough to have your team rely on him at all for the home stretch. If you buy on him, I wouldn't give up much at all personally.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB to trade for?

Postby Warpigs » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:28 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Warpigs wrote:Laugh all you want, but Steve Slaton's value can't get any lower than it is at the moment. The Texans made a statement by benching him when they did in a game they knew they could win without him. If they were playing the Colts and he fumbled like that on the first carry, he wouldn't be benched as quickly.

Sure, Moats did well, but he was running against the Bills. A drunk Wanda Sykes could run for at least 100 yards against the Bills.

Add in the fact that Owen Daniels is out for the year and Slaton is integral in the team's short passing game, and I expect Slaton to do just fine down the stretch, especially in PPR leagues.


Maybe if he had a better season ending schedule it might be worth going after him but he doesn't have a great matchup for the rest of the entire season...the best matchups are middle of the road defenses and with the threat of losing touches now, it's tough to have your team rely on him at all for the home stretch. If you buy on him, I wouldn't give up much at all personally.


That's the thing, though. You don't have to give up much of anything for him now. A stick of gum and a gallon used motor oil would work in most leagues.
Image
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
Posts: 3054
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB to trade for?

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:49 pm

After NE this week. Ronnie Brown's value will be as low as it's going to be all year, after posting horrible stats against the Saints and Jets. But, after that game he's going on a three game stretch against the leagues worst rushing defenses. He plays TB at home, followed by CAR away ,then, followed by BUF away. IMO Brown might be the most valuable RB of November.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 1574
Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB to trade for?

Postby mattb47 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:21 am

SameSongNDance wrote:After NE this week. Ronnie Brown's value will be as low as it's going to be all year, after posting horrible stats against the Saints and Jets. But, after that game he's going on a three game stretch against the leagues worst rushing defenses. He plays TB at home, followed by CAR away ,then, followed by BUF away. IMO Brown might be the most valuable RB of November.


Agreed on that...Brown and Pierre Thomas are #1 and #2 on the go get now list for the rest of the season. Those guys could be gold for fantasy teams that get them.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB to trade for?

Postby kickureface » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:40 am

brown has screwed me a ton. 07 he gets hurt really bad (and cleo lemon!) and 08 he tanks the playoffs. hesitant on getting him.

i am going for MJD. he also has ronnie, bleh. what a strong team eh? good things hes looking for a WR :P
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 525
Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB to trade for?

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 am

kickureface wrote:brown has screwed me a ton. 07 he gets hurt really bad (and cleo lemon!) and 08 he tanks the playoffs. hesitant on getting him.

i am going for MJD. he also has ronnie, bleh. what a strong team eh? good things hes looking for a WR :P


In my 8 team $ league I drafted MJD, Gore, Brown, Benson, Lynch 8-o
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 1574
Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB to trade for?

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 pm

I just went all in on PT and Ronnie

Went:
My
Colston :~(
Hightower
For:
Ronnie Brown
Manningham

and then
My:
Forte
Harvin
For:
PT
Megatron ;-D


Three way tie for first, hoping they give me the push to the Top down the stretch.
DaSh 1s
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 96
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:36 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact