WR to trade for? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR to trade for?

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR to trade for?

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:22 am

Loved boston fan's post about RB with the same subject. I have a league where Megatron's issues have really started to get on me. What WRs have good matchups or can be had cheaply from here on in?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR to trade for?

Postby jermhorse » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 am

I like:
-Garcon & Collie, for a few weeks till Tony gets back
-Vernon Davis & Crabtree, looks like Hill likes

These are guys I just see as under valued at the moment.
"If you have the means, I highly recomend picking one up." Ferris

-Eddie Royal
-Burelson
-Austin
-Harvin
-Bolden
-Sidney Rice
-Bernard Berian
-Mike Wallace

This is my first year at football, but this is my opinion on who to focus for their value. Let me know your thoughts. open to debate. Thanks again :-D

WHIR
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=459026
jermhorse
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:24 am

Some real nice buy-low WRs that I really like for the rest of the season are Boldin, Housh, and Jennings.

Arizona plays a bottom 10 passing defense each week from week 11-16. Seattle, other than against GB in week 16, also have a very easy schedule. Green Bay is the only team in the NFL that doesn't play against a top 10 pass defense in any of their remaining games.
Fade2White12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Boldin, Jennings and Megatron. I bought low on all of them. Jennings and Mega have the two best passing schedules in the AFC. Boldin is Boldin. Give him two weeks and he'll be good to go.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Boldin still scares me a little, right now.
DaSh 1s
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:20 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:Boldin still scares me a little, right now.

Yeah, I traded for him becuase of my depth. I can wait it out if Boldin sits for a week or two. I'm actually praying Wisenhunt sits him for at least a week. Playing in the last two games was nothing short of moronic on both Boldin and ARI's parts.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Boldin's playoff schedule is dreamy, but there are just so many options on that field,too. Breaston, Hightower, and Fitz all hawk targets.
DaSh 1s
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mattb47 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:34 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:Boldin's playoff schedule is dreamy, but there are just so many options on that field,too. Breaston, Hightower, and Fitz all hawk targets.

If Boldin can get back to being healthy...the amount of potential targets wont matter because he is easily (at the very worst) option 1B to Fitz at 1A. Breaston and Hightower don't even compete for looks to any real significant extent with a healthy Anquan Boldin.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:45 pm

mattb47 wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:Boldin's playoff schedule is dreamy, but there are just so many options on that field,too. Breaston, Hightower, and Fitz all hawk targets.

If Boldin can get back to being healthy...the amount of potential targets wont matter because he is easily (at the very worst) option 1B to Fitz at 1A. Breaston and Hightower don't even compete for looks to any real significant extent with a healthy Anquan Boldin.

I agree on that fact. A healthy Boldin stat line would mirror that of Fitz's (47/509/5) ATM. I do however find it funny how Hightower had the second most catches on the team though. Seriously, 39 catches for an RB? With 296 yards recieving and only 206 rushing, I'm inclined to look towards Hightower as a WR. A dude in my 2PPR league hit the jackpot with Rice and Hightower. It's like he's starting 7 WR's week in and week out.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Boldin is just not healthy, why grab a guy that is playing football at 75% ? Especially a guy like Boldin who won't sit out, ignoring the fact that he is also too important for the team to sit him out, to fully heal up.

I've see some pretty cheap deals go for Steve Smith - Carolina this past week for owners looking to sell high off his first TD of the season. That's my buy low player right there. Jake Delhomme may be down right now, but he has a history of turning his WR1 into studs. Mushin Muhammad in his #1 WR year didn't really turn it on until the 2nd half of the season. Even last year when Deangelo was the #1 RB in football and Stewart was a RB#2 as a backup, Steve Smith was competing with the top WRs in fantast. That guy has skills. No one else is good enough to replace Delhomme at QB. And they are coming off a big win aganist a pretty good team. Could be the start of a run.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk