WR to trade for? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR to trade for?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: WR to trade for?

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Who to trade for is dependant on who you have available and what you have to spend. At this point in the season most WRs are valued pretty appropriately, so you have to take a chance if you are going to try for a bargain, or spend a lot for known production.
I don't like what I see from Boldin. He was banged up before gettig hurt more and may not recover enough to fulfill the price his name recognition merits. Megatron is in the same boat, maybe healthier but on a far less productive team.

You may want to consider some WRs who are viewed as flops. Steve Smith of the Panthers, Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes, and Bowe are all highly skilled WRs who have not made their owners happy and may be undervalued. For as poor as their seasons have been these guys are still amongst the top 100 scoring in PPR yet have enough question marks to be tradeable at a price that may not bust you.
There is a lot of risk in trading for WRs right now, guess right and you could be a contendah. Wrong, well we've all been there.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:38 pm

moochman wrote:Who to trade for is dependant on who you have available and what you have to spend. At this point in the season most WRs are valued pretty appropriately, so you have to take a chance if you are going to try for a bargain, or spend a lot for known production.
I don't like what I see from Boldin. He was banged up before gettig hurt more and may not recover enough to fulfill the price his name recognition merits. Megatron is in the same boat, maybe healthier but on a far less productive team.

You may want to consider some WRs who are viewed as flops. Steve Smith of the Panthers, Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes, and Bowe are all highly skilled WRs who have not made their owners happy and may be undervalued. For as poor as their seasons have been these guys are still amongst the top 100 scoring in PPR yet have enough question marks to be tradeable at a price that may not bust you.
There is a lot of risk in trading for WRs right now, guess right and you could be a contendah. Wrong, well we've all been there.

Before Megatron got hurt, he was averaging about 10 points a game and was on average targeted 11 times per game. A healthy Megatron is among the elite WR's regardless of what team he's on. How do I know this? He had 1331 yards and 12 TD's last year on a less talented DET team. His schedule, is also one of the most WR friendly in the AFC. Boldin, if he get's some rest, might not fulfill his ADP, but for the price I got him for (Holmes for Boldin), I'd be happy for 70% of his possible production. It's actually quite funny you mentioned those names becuase I recently traded Smith(CAR) and Holmes for Megatron and Boldin in two different package deals. I actually bought on Smith two weeks ago, got some nice production out of him, then shipped him out due to what I believe is limited upside (run first mind-set, Joke Delhomme, no #2 WR to be seen). Also, IMO, Holmes as been lost in the shuffle. When Mike Wallace is only four fantasy points behind Holmes, you know that rings true. Ward is the #1, Miller is the #2, Holmes and Wallace are 3A and 3B. The only thing saving him at this point is his upside.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby da bears » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:38 pm

-I think Nicks is a guy that continues to grow as this season goes on and will be a big TD guy the rest of the year and he doesn't really have the big time wr name recognition yet.
-If you can possibly find a Bowe owner that isn't happy with him to this point I'd highly suggest making a play for him. When he's been healthy this year he either has 100 yards or a TD. (week 4 he was still banged up)
-Steve Smith of the Panthers is another good one as Mooch said, owners may say screw it and think they are selling high. Carolina's run game got going on this time last year and that should help out Delhomme a lot.
-Jennings I don't think is a buy low. Watched plenty of Packers games this year and their o-line is terrible which hurts Jennings value on deep balls.
-Hester/Knox I would target. Pretty easy schedule from here on out and the Bears can't run the ball at all. The Browns/Lions don't count.
-Shipping Miles Austin for any top 15 wr if possible. The Cowboys = overrated and the ball will be spread out in Dallas. I said this with Steve Smith(NYG) after he got off to his torrid start and Nicks/Hixon were coming back and this is another great opportunity to land a top talent on the semi cheap if you want to take the chance.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby jermhorse » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:54 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:Boldin still scares me a little, right now.

I dont trust Boldin yet at all
jermhorse
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk