Congrats Guru. Be smart now...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Movin' out?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:05 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I just got offered a full time job. Kinda out of the blue, but it should atleast give me The financial stability I need to rent. Line work, get to work with the lovely underbelly of society but my cousin is the supervisor so it should be alright. I'm stoked. Wage sucks, but whatever the hours make up for it. ;-D I tend to go head first into things too quickly sometimes however so I'm trying to make a good decision on this one.

<<< that dude's pretty freakin excited.

Pretty cool, but keep your eyes on the prize. As long as it doesn't interfere with your studies, then no problem. It's tough enough juggling a full time load, a part-time job/internship, and extracurriculars, after all.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:21 pm

I moved out when I was 17 and never moved back in. I did spend some time homeless, so that probably would have been a wise move, but it wasn't even an option I was considering. I wouldn't have had a problem moving back in with my parents, I always got along great with them and ven when I was living at home in high school I didn't have a bunch of rules or a curfew or anything, so that wouldn't have been a huge issue, but there was no way I was going back to my hometown once I was up and out of there.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:45 am

bigh0rt wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I am in college, so I still live there over the summer, but the plan is to move out once I graduate, which is what my sister's going to be doing after this year.

Pay close attention. Figure out what her struggles are, so you can learn from them when it's your time.

Definitely. We talk a lot, so I'm interested to see what she has to say once she actually does move out .

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk