NFL MVP Mid-Season Discussion/Poll- Rnd 1, Prt 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL MVP Mid-Season Discussion/Poll- Rnd 1, Prt 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is your mid-season NFL MVP?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Drew Brees
47%
Jared Allen
5%
Vincent Jackson
No votes
Donovan McNabb
5%
Ronnie Brown
5%
Darrelle Revis
No votes
Tom Brady
No votes
Thomas Jones
5%
Aaron Rodgers
16%
Write-in (post to say who/why)
16%

Total votes : 19

NFL MVP Mid-Season Discussion/Poll- Rnd 1, Prt 2

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Who deserves your vote for NFL MVP at the halfway point of the season? Not fantasy MVP, but actual MVP. Feel free to provide the reasoning behind your decision. Most of the players listed here were suggested in a previous Preliminary MVP Discussion.

Don't see the guy you want?- Write-ins are accepted. Just post to say who and why you nominate that person.

The top three vote-getters in this poll will move on to round 2.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: NFL MVP Mid-Season Discussion/Poll- Rnd 1, Prt 2

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:35 pm

It has to be Brees. The Saints wouldn't be scoring 35+ points a game with a different QB (excluding the elite one's right now).
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:54 pm

It's Brees for me ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:51 pm

My vote goes to T.Jones. A 31 year old back racking up 481 total offensive yards in three games before hitting the halfway mark. Come on. He might not be the most valuable player on his team, but those statistics cannot be ignored.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:08 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:My vote goes to T.Jones. A 31 year old back racking up 481 total offensive yards in three games before hitting the halfway mark. Come on. He might not be the most valuable player on his team, but those statistics cannot be ignored.

lol...if he's not the most valuable player on his team than he doesn't really qualify for the award. :-b

Maybe he could win the SNI award...Statistics Not Ignored Award. :-B

My vote is still for Peyton, but I really like what Favre did last week in Green Bay. If he doesn't have a collapse at the end of the season I can easily see him winning it. Sure the Vikes would still be good without him but he is that key "most valuable" piece that makes them great.

EDIT: Wait a minute...I have to write in Peyton...Favre isn't on the list either? :-S
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:37 pm

Metroid wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:My vote goes to T.Jones. A 31 year old back racking up 481 total offensive yards in three games before hitting the halfway mark. Come on. He might not be the most valuable player on his team, but those statistics cannot be ignored.

lol...if he's not the most valuable player on his team than he doesn't really qualify for the award. :-b

My vote is still for Peyton, but I really like what Favre did last week in Green Bay. If he doesn't have a collapse at the end of the season I can easily see him winning it. Sure the Vikes would still be good without him but he is that key "most valuable" piece that makes them great.

EDIT: Wait a minute...I have to write in Peyton...Favre isn't on the list either? :-S

I think these are two seperate polls, Peyton and Big Ben, Queen Brett were on the other poll. Maybe should have been clarified.
I like Brees. Take him out of N'oleans and they are done.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:45 pm

Metroid wrote:

He might not be. Meaning that it is arguable. ;-) I just wanted to switch up a little bit anyway, the overwhelming majority are going to vote for Brees and I find that to be boring haha.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm assuming there are two polls here to narrow down the field?

As I said in the previous thread, at this point, I consider Aaron Rodgers No. 2 in the race behind Peyton Manning because of his amazing statistics despite an offensive line that's allowed 31 sacks so far this season. First in the league in passer rating, 2nd in yards per attempt by 0.01 YPA, and a 14 TDs to 2 INTs. All things considered, it's tough to assume he'll maintain that level of play for another 8 games, but at this point he's second in the race right now.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:27 pm

OK I get it now. I'd vote for Brees as well, he makes the Saints a major contender. Without him...eh, not so much.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 pm

I'm going to write in Peyton Manning. The guy is an absolute stud and can't be ignored.

Brees has more name brand players where as Peyton gets it done with alot less talent to work with.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to Football Talk